Rust Problems

mick309

Guest Jocool

First rule: NEVER put used tackle back into the tackle box without first washing them in fresh water and letting them dry! When dried, I then give all my tackle a spray with Inox. Never had a problem!

I try not to put used tackle, such as hooks and swivels, back in the same compartmeent it came from. I have a compartment set aside for used and CLEANED tackle.

I am the same as Joe.

Have a seperate compartment for used tackle have and have a strip of foam on side of boat for used lures to be stuck into. Rinse all in fresh when I get home never re-use bait hooks and always have a spare supply of trebles available incase they need changing.

I gotta try this inox stuff though seems quite a few people seem to swear by it.

Cheers

Trev

Rinse all gear that has had any exposure to Saltwater, Even the spray ( just tried yesterday to open my zipper bag of trolling lure to find that the zipper had corroded to death) in fresh water

Alow to dry and then spray with SaltX

Apart from balls ups like the above were I obviously didnt give the zipper a spray last time I had that bag on the pogoboat I havent had any trouble

Used lures are kept separate until they get this treatment.

Used terminals, hooks bras rings swivels etc get kept separate and used first next time

Edited by pogo