Wisemans Action Round 2

Brooker435

Good Evening Raiders,

I just thought I would share todays trip to Wisemans Ferry.

Pete AKA (Tide N Knots) rang me yesterday afternoon just as I finished work as soon as his caller ID came up I was cheering as I was feeling like a fish this weekend you must have read my mind Pete!!!! :fishing1:

Anyway since there was a turn of the Tide very early around 6 - 7 AM I needed to be at petes house by 4am so we both tried to get whatever sleep we could, anyway we arrived on the water around 530 and on our way.

First stop was Dads Corner for the turn of the tide, Pete had been given a tip that there were some recent captures of good sized flatties there but all he could find were Eels LOL he caught about 6 of them and was starting to get cranky :ranting2: , however pete persisted. We moved around a bit from one side to another to eventually find some flatties and a EP not real monsters but beats catching Eels LOL.

I only managed to catch one Flattie but that didnt bother me at all as I was just enjoying being out on the water.

Anyway we were running out of Prawns and decided that it would be better to Try Petes spot close to the Ramp where we fished last time. so we quickly stopped at the Pontoon so we could re-stock the Baits and then off to try get some jewwies for the next tide turn around lunchtime.

Sure enough about 5 mins after anchoring Pete was allready into em catching a few soapies, I was still yet to land a jewwie so I decided to change my bottom Hooks to what Pete was using as I wanted to try my own 2 hook rigs but using circle hooks at the bottom, I think my hook choice was too large because as soon as I changed my bottom hooks I was into them aswell.

Pete and I couldnt keep up both of us were getting double hookups at times, we could barely even pour a drink let alone sit down, it was absoloute madness but I was loving every minute of it as this doesnt happen to me often!!!

We honestly caught about 40 - 50 Soapie Jew Between us biggest around mid 40's some may have been in the 50's no keepers but alot of fun!!!

This lasted a couple of hours and even in the rain, it was a cracker of a day I would love to do it again.

Anyway sorry raiders we didnt take any pics today but thought Id better share our adventure with you.

Thanks Again Pete for taking me out on your Boat, its so comfortable and the way its setup, I barely got one drop of rain on me, I will be definatley be setting my boat up like yours when I get around to it.

Baits we used today were Chicken Breast Petes Recipe with Parmasen & Aniseed Oil & Hawkesbury Prawns Peeled, both Baits produced the fish but Peeled Prawns were definatly the preferred bait.

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by beginner

Good on you both for braving the weather and getting out Nathan.Sounds like you both had a great time non the less.You guys certainly did better than when we were out in the Hacking a few weeks back and couldn't turn a reel to save ourselves,well done!

glad you had a good time nathan, your welcome to come out with me anytime its a pleasure having you onboard. hopefully next time we might manage a few more keepers

pete

Thanks Pete, I am certainly looking forward to it, That big Jewwie is not too far away I reckon!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Good on you both for braving the weather and getting out Nathan.Sounds like you both had a great time non the less.You guys certainly did better than when we were out in the Hacking a few weeks back and couldn't turn a reel to save ourselves,well done!

Hey Fabian,

yeah it was pretty action packed, its amazing how differently each system fishes, possibly less boat traffic may help as when we fished the hacking there were boats everywhere, next time we go out if we fish the hacking we should try fish inside one of the bays where its quieter and see if that helps as the Hacking fires like all spots do we just have to be in the right place at the right time.

I am even thinking of playing around in the Georges river near my place and seeing what is out there.

Regards,

Nathan

Hey Fabian,

yeah it was pretty action packed, its amazing how differently each system fishes, possibly less boat traffic may help as when we fished the hacking there were boats everywhere, next time we go out if we fish the hacking we should try fish inside one of the bays where its quieter and see if that helps as the Hacking fires like all spots do we just have to be in the right place at the right time.

I am even thinking of playing around in the Georges river near my place and seeing what is out there.

Regards,

Nathan

I think Yowie takes all the fish back with him to his mums place for the night.lol.The man knows his stuff.Like I said to you when we were out I've done better af the crack of dawn and the first few hours of daylight.Once the sun is up high and there's boats everywhere it drops off significantly in my experience.

If you read Yowies posts they all are from the early morning around Lillipilli using fresh baits.

I think Yowie takes all the fish back with him to his mums place for the night.lol.The man knows his stuff.Like I said to you when we were out I've done better af the crack of dawn and the first few hours of daylight.Once the sun is up high and there's boats everywhere it drops off significantly in my experience.

If you read Yowies posts they all are from the early morning around Lillipilli using fresh baits.

I don't take all the fish, I need to find some the next time I head out. :D

I fish early morning, in different places according to tides and weather. I used to fish late arvo into darkness, but there is usually less wind in the early morning.

I don't take all the fish, I need to find some the next time I head out. :D

I fish early morning, in different places according to tides and weather. I used to fish late arvo into darkness, but there is usually less wind in the early morning.

How did you find late arvo compared to mornings Fishing wise mate?Like I said I have found early morning the best and my best results have come in various places around Swa and in the arm itself with pillys,squid and prawns at anchor and berlying.

How did you find late arvo compared to mornings Fishing wise mate?Like I said I have found early morning the best and my best results have come in various places around Swa and in the arm itself with pillys,squid and prawns at anchor and berlying.

Many years ago, a mate and I fished the arvos into night, and hooked into the jewies at times. A couple of times, we hooked around the 40 mark, the jewies were a bloody pest (will not hear that these days). They were swimming off the bottom and sitting 10 to 15 feet under the boat, taking every bait dropped over before anything else could take it, even beating the tailor to the bait. Only schoolies around the 2 to 5 pound mark, with an occasional bigger one.

Some arvos during spring, could not hook any jewies because the little hammerhead sharks around the 2 to 3 foot mark would grab all the baits. Other nights the tailor would be on the bite.

The wind was the problem some days, especially the nor-easters. A southerly just before sunset, boats would head home, but we would stay out and the jewies would come on the bite.

Less wind and less boats (some days) in the mornings (don't fish weekends or public holidays).

Many years ago, a mate and I fished the arvos into night, and hooked into the jewies at times. A couple of times, we hooked around the 40 mark, the jewies were a bloody pest (will not hear that these days). They were swimming off the bottom and sitting 10 to 15 feet under the boat, taking every bait dropped over before anything else could take it, even beating the tailor to the bait. Only schoolies around the 2 to 5 pound mark, with an occasional bigger one.

Some arvos during spring, could not hook any jewies because the little hammerhead sharks around the 2 to 3 foot mark would grab all the baits. Other nights the tailor would be on the bite.

The wind was the problem some days, especially the nor-easters. A southerly just before sunset, boats would head home, but we would stay out and the jewies would come on the bite.

Less wind and less boats (some days) in the mornings (don't fish weekends or public holidays).

Them days are sadly long gone now mate,my 75 year old Fil tells me stories of coming home with sugar sacks full of flounder,massive snapper,kingfish,lobster etc,etc back in Nz in the 60,s growing up..He showed me some photos of huge catches they made back in the day before people knew better.