Stockton Beach

fishn4fun

Hi guys

My weekend was tops, we had planned a weekend fishing at stockton beach organised courtesy through the fishing club im with, well let me first say this was my first beach fishing session and what a learning curve it was, we started first by meeting up the the mobil there were 4 blokes all up including me and one of the other guys brought his son on his first fishing trip, we headed to the shallower end of stockton beach first around the rocks, i threw in some bait while another bloke i was with ended up coming trumps on a 1.5kg flattie which was his first and biggest flattie on soft plastics :thumbup: .

After an hour of mooching around the shallower end we ended up going further down the beach to find some deep gutters, when we found a good spot we pulled up and decided we would camp at that spot as well it was getting around 2:00pm so we got some lines in the water and waited, well by 4:00pm something big slammed my rod and went berserk i slowly played the fish and after 5 minutes i landed a nice 2kg australian salmon :yahoo: i was stoked it was one of the biggest fish and first salmon ive ever caught, we then set up camp and did a bit of night fishing, well 2nd bait in the water my rod bent over again and a small tailor was landed it amzes me how small it was yet it wolfed down a whole pilchard. after 10 minutes the other bloke next to me went tight and pulled in another salmon about 1.5kg, so with high hopes we kept on going then that same guy went tight again and pulled in a nice 4 kg school jewie :thumbup: , by this stage it was getting close to eleven and thought it was time to hit the sack, in the morning i found out that same guy on our trip had stayed back during the night and came up with another salmon that topped mine at 2.2kg, :05: well thats fishing, we tried a little in the morning but the westerly started so we decided to call it quits.

I would reccomend a trip up there if you have access to a four wheel drive it is just an exellent beach to fish.

[

Nice post fishn4fun. Stockton is a top beach to fish with plenty of the species that you encounted. I've had some fun sessions there myself.

Glad you enjoyed tour first session on the sand.

Well done & good  :1fishing1:

70254[/snapback]

Nice work fish4fun. :thumbup:

Jewhunter, I'm hanging to get up to Stockton Beach for my first ever beach fish. Just got to get an AWD to cruise the sands... :biggrin2:

I'm yearning to finally hit an isolated beach with some enticing gutters. Am I wrong in thinking Stocktom is quite isolated in terms of room to fish?

Spizza.

Nice work fish4fun.  :thumbup:

Jewhunter, I'm hanging to get up to Stockton Beach for my first ever beach fish. Just got to get an AWD to cruise the sands... :biggrin2:

I'm yearning to finally hit an isolated beach with some enticing gutters. Am I wrong in thinking Stocktom is quite isolated in terms of room to fish?

Spizza.

70256[/snapback]

G'day Spizza. Mate I suppose it is quite isolated as far as room to fish goes. There are always quite a few fishos there but it's a huge beach with about 40kms of beach to explore so finding a good gutter to have all by yourself is no problem at all.

I reckon you'd love it up there. Heaps of Tailor & Salmon & the Jew are plentiful as well.

I've got a 4wd so when the new bub settles in I'll try to organise a w/end up there with a couple of mates so your more than welcome to tag along

Cheers.

G'day Spizza. Mate I suppose it is quite isolated as far as room to fish goes. There are always quite a few fishos there but it's a huge beach with about 40kms of beach to explore so finding a good gutter to have all by yourself is no problem at all.

I reckon you'd love it up there. Heaps of Tailor & Salmon & the Jew are plentiful as well.

I've got a 4wd so when the new bub settles in I'll try to organise a w/end up there with a couple of mates so your more than welcome to tag along

Cheers.

70260[/snapback]

Thanks Jewhunter, sounds brilliant to me. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Spizza.

Me and 4 other guys fished Thirroul beach on saturday till late... there were also AT LEAST 11-12 other guys fishing the beach and no one pulled up one fish... :ranting2::ranting2:

We had a couple small bites that were probly small flatties or something like that

Was very dissapointing considering the spot we were in looked like it was going to be fairly productive :(

Anyhoo that fishing i supopse :mad3: and :05:

Wayne

Hi guys yea there were a few people fishing stockton but its not hard to find a gutter to fish all by yourself.

I ended up using a paternoster style in the deeper gutters which consisted of 20pound main line with 30 pound half metre trace to 3 way swivel then another half metre to a no 3 or 4 star sinker at the three way i had roughly 30cm 30 pound line going to a 6/0, using pillies, it was my first time beach fishing and wont be my last :thumbup: