How do YOU check the weather?

stevefish

What are the steps you take in knowing what the weather will do on your next fishing trip?

Me, I'm a BOM man, I keep in contact with the 4 day synoptic chart most of the time, all year round, leading up to a trip I look at the forecast wind page to give me hour by hour (more or less) prediction for where I'm going.

This is a winner because say, the coast, harbour and middle harbour can get the wind differently.

And often a look at "latest coastal observations" to see what's happening as I'm leaving bright and early.

Plus keep my eyes open each day, yesterday I saw a plane leaving long contrails, upper atmospheric instability!

What do you look at?

Edited by stevefish

I use willy, weatherzone and oz weather, and recon on the common forecast from them all as they are all different. recently I found this bewdy site, updated every 3 hours, click on a spot and get local conditions, zoom out for the whole world

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=149.46,-35.83,3000

I use willy, weatherzone and oz weather, and recon on the common forecast from them all as they are all different. recently I found this bewdy site, updated every 3 hours, click on a spot and get local conditions, zoom out for the whole world

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=149.46,-35.83,3000

Very interesting. This one will get used.

I use the BOM report which is quite good but sometimes do not get the weather changes right, especially the wind speed. I also use windguru which is O/K as a cross check. The main thing is to prepare for anything and use the BOM only as a guide .

Tide4fishing - Sydney is a good site for general fishing/weather information.