New Blackfish Rod

appoooh

The Snyderglass CR145 3 wrap rod that I used for blackfishing from the rocks today came to the end of its natural life. :05:

I'm not sure what to replace it with - I'm attracted to the GP3145 pacific composites blank (1 pc) in graphite, but how well will this handle the occasional drummer? Also, can someone recommend a place in Sydney where I can have the rod built to my specs. I'm on the North side.

Cheers!

Guest Jocool
Also, can someone recommend a place in Sydney where I can have the rod built to my specs.  I'm on the North side.

Cheers!

70314[/snapback]

Easy...Shearwater rods! Allen Glover is a site sponsor. And I'm sure he can also advise on the blank! :thumbup:

Easy...Shearwater rods! Allen Glover is a site sponsor. And I'm sure he can also advise on the blank! :thumbup:

70315[/snapback]

Or even better learn how to build it yourself, it isn't exactly complicated, especially if you keep the binding colours simple. Just find one of the decent off the rack versions of that rod and copy the spacings, or I can give you the spacings and sizes from mine. It is very satisfying using a rod you rolled yourself.

That blank is a beauty and will handle drummer very nicely.

Matt

Guest bluecod

I've retired from custom rod building a long time ago :1prop: ,

but having seen Alan's work, I'd have no hesitation in recommending Shearwater Rods

G'day appoooh, I have to agree with Jocool and give Allen "sheerwater rods " a call. Allen made me up a luderick rod a few months ago on a st croix blank and it is the sweetest luderick stik i have used. so give allen a call you wont be disappointed.

cheers

Mick