Rip Bridge rippers!

golf_fish

Finally got a chance to take the boat back out (been out once since January) so decided to head to my favourite spot, Brissy Waters.

Caught most of these bad boys in my spot right next to the Rip Bridge.

The smaller flatty and the squid were caught drifting right next to the green channel markers in Paddys Channel.....

The snapper came in at bang on 32cm, no idea what the others measured cause they were obviously legal so didn't bother. :D

Man it feels good to get back out amongst it!!

post-34351-0-27089100-1448782559_thumb.jpeg

Thanks boys,

Also forgot to mention that we caught at least 8 Red Rock Cod that got throw back to the depths. I know they are sensational eating, but they seem just a bit to much hassle for me to worry about.

I'm more a fillet and fry kinda guy....... :)

Sorry to display my ignorance but where's Brissy waters? :)

Thanks

ozcar

Prob should've said it real name, sorry mate, Brisbane Waters........... Woy Woy, Gosford and all that area around there...

Out of curiosity how does cockle bay fish? I'll be at a family Xmas party on the weekend and would be landbased but cockle looks alright on google earth and it's the closest to family house.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red rock cod is my favourite fish to eat... besides NZ blue cod of course! But yes, the filleting is a pain in the butt but worth in IMO.

Nice catch and good to know it's firing... will be back out there this week too.

Red rock cod is my favourite fish to eat... besides NZ blue cod of course! But yes, the filleting is a pain in the butt but worth in IMO.

Nice catch and good to know it's firing... will be back out there this week too.

If we didn't snag the rest for a feed I may been tempted to take a couple home, but wasn't gona bother with the esky filling quickly with fat bream and flatties..... :D

Out of curiosity how does cockle bay fish? I'll be at a family Xmas party on the weekend and would be landbased but cockle looks alright on google earth and it's the closest to family house.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest mate, I wouldn't have a clue. All my fishing around there is done on a boat finding deep holes everywhere, so land based I can't comment......

Only 1 way to find out how good it is though isn't there, so get amongst it!! ;)