anyone have any luck in the hawkesbury this weekend?

jgrant666

Morning Raiders,

just wondering if anyone had any luck in the hawkesbury this weekend?

I took the kids out saturday launched at appletree but headed down to the basin for a picnic and a swim. Wasn't really a fishing trip but on the way back decided to pull into jerusalem bay as my son's friend had never really fished before. First cast and literally 20 seconds after she's hooked up a nice 28cm bream - I was so jealous as all I've ever caught in there is bloody pinkies! Bream was released safely. Strangest thing though, when we got back to the ramp heaps of boats were also coming back in but there was NO-ONE at the cleaning table and not much evidence of many fish being cleaned that day

Went out again Sunday this time for a proper fishing session. Launched at Parsley Bay nice and early around 6pm just on high tide and headed straight for lion island. Spent a good couple of hours drifting next to the island and out to sea a bit but NOTHING, not even a bite. Heaps of other boats & yaks around but I didn't see anyone else even strike at anything, much less land a fish either. Moved on to flint & steel for an hour but nothing doing there and no luck I could see on any other boats. After pulling into Patonga for a swim we headed back round to the eastern shore across from dangar island. My youngest son who hasn't been too enthused by fishing as yet hooked up a nice pan sized flatty, but being inexperienced dropped it on the surface before I could get the landing net ready. That would have been one of the only bites any of us had all day though! Same thing back at the ramp heaps of boats coming back in but no-one at the cleaning table and little evidence of anyone having much success. Even the pelicans were looking hungry and disappointed!

Sorry to hear , nothing worse than being out with the kids & not being able to put them on the fish . Hopefully the Hawksbury will start to fire soon as I'm planning a trip up there soon .....

Hopefully you'll have better luck next time. I was out on Sunday being my first time out in a few months and pulled up a nice flatty around Lion Island, right on the turn of the low tide before midday using SP. Other than that, a pinkie on the drift inside towards Middle Head else quiet on the fish front. A great day out though !

Hopefully you'll have better luck next time. I was out on Sunday being my first time out in a few months and pulled up a nice flatty around Lion Island, right on the turn of the low tide before midday using SP. Other than that, a pinkie on the drift inside towards Middle Head else quiet on the fish front. A great day out though !

We must have just missed you then, Was probably around 9:30ish we moved out of that area

I think you have answered your own question, not unusual to see a full car park and a bone dry cleaning table at Brooklyn.

It's got nothing to do with the 10 trawlers at the mouth of the river 5 days a week 50 weeks a year. Experts have told me and they know stuff.

Try Cowan for hot or cold fishing or berowra-Spenser instead

I think you have answered your own question, not unusual to see a full car park and a bone dry cleaning table at Brooklyn.

It's got nothing to do with the 10 trawlers at the mouth of the river 5 days a week 50 weeks a year. Experts have told me and they know stuff.

Try Cowan for hot or cold fishing or berowra-Spenser instead

Thanks mate, do you know how far up the commercial fishos go? I used to fish the vines and bar point regularly when I was a kid to great success, maybe you need to go further up now though...

Very mixed results in Cowan I find

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

fished the hawkesbury/cowan/broken bay area for 11/14 days ending yesterday. A few of those days there wasnt a fish landed. Most days only 1 or 2 shovelnose sharks and maybe an eel. Yesterday I got my first hawkesbury jew (undersized) in about a month taken on freshly caught squid. Even with fresh squid, tailor and yellowtail I couldnt manage a decent fish. Something needs to be done about this, the entire hawkesbury ecosystem seems completely shot.

I agree. I've done a lot of reading on how many jobs and economic activity comes from recreational fishos in the hawkesbury vs the commercial fishermen and there's simply no comparison. Much tougher restrictions on commercial fishing if not an outright ban needed in the hawkesbury....

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk