Fuel Tank Breather

Danieljc

I recently replaced the floor in my boat and whilst it was out I had all new fuel/ breather lines put in. Now I am having an issue where fuel will leak from the breather port at the stern of the boat where the breather comes out. Also leaks out of the filler cap as well. The tank holds 200l of fuel and we used about 22l so I dont believe I should be having this issue as there would be enough air in the tank to take pressure into account.

Does anyone have any ideas what the go is or what I can do to fix it. As the petrol is staining the paint on the boat and I don't like having petrol leaking out for no reason.

Cheers Daniel

I recently replaced the floor in my boat and whilst it was out I had all new fuel/ breather lines put in. Now I am having an issue where fuel will leak from the breather port at the stern of the boat where the breather comes out. Also leaks out of the filler cap as well. The tank holds 200l of fuel and we used about 22l so I dont believe I should be having this issue as there would be enough air in the tank to take pressure into account.

Does anyone have any ideas what the go is or what I can do to fix it. As the petrol is staining the paint on the boat and I don't like having petrol leaking out for no reason.

Cheers Daniel

You have to ask yourself what is different now?Have hoses been re-routed from original locations?longer/shorter path?Have gaskets/seals been replaced and sealed correctly?Diameter of hoses still the same?If like you say the problem has started after the work then you need to back track what has been done to diagnose your issue.Hopefully you can still get to the under floor work if that's where your issue lies,otherwise its up with the floor again.But for your sake hopefully its above floor.

Cheers.

Did you install the surge protector, install it upside down or lie it flat during install. Was there an anti siphon loop in the line that in hindsight you should have taken notice of. Fuel systems can be a real pain if not replaced exactly the same way the manufacturer had then in the first place. Hope you get it fixed without too many issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the lines were replaced and installed by the boat shop. I will endeavour to back track and aee what i can find. It has the breather install the right way up. I noticied the breather has a little u in thr hose maybe that needs to be pulled out straighter.

Need the rain to go away so i can get a good look away from the carport.