Disaster again off Wanda Beach

yting

Hi Raiders,

Some of the older members might remember my quest for my first Jewie. Well long story short still no Jewie but I thought I'd share this story with you anyway (apologies there's no happy end here).

The story actually begins weeks ago when I focus again on researching techniques, methods etc to enhance my chances when the time and tides are right. I decide tonight is the night to have another crack. So the other day I suggest a "walk along the beach" with the Mrs which she knows is of course code for gutter searching. So I swim out to the most fish holding looking gutters to assess their various depths. I decide on one in particular that drops away steeply from a shallow bank to around 7ft deep (and that was at low tide).

I decide that fresh squid is my best hope so I plan a session yesterday afternoon so it is still fresh for tonight's attempt. As we all know it was p###### down with rain yesterday and I get completely soaked. None the less I come away with only one squid but I bank on this one squid to get me that first Jew.

By now the Mrs thinks I've lost it and I've gone mad.

Off I go to the beach this evening. Half an hour before high tide,using some other squid I bought from the seafood shop, I hook a large Tailor or Salmon (not sure but it jumped out of the water and spat the hook). I decide it's time to put on the fresh squid that I worked my back side off for. It's dusk, just before high and looking promising. My fresh squid is out in this gutter for about 5 mins when out of no where, 3 absolute more-ons in rubber duckies come speeding past. They must have been doing 100kms p/hr and about 30metres off shore (just at about where my line enters the water) one gets threw, the second gets threw then of course the last one catches the line. my rod suddenly bends violently and snap goes the lot. Line, rig and most upsettingly my one best bait. I just want to say to those guys who did this " thanks a lot you absolute dick heads! ( admin please don't edit that out)

Weeks of preparation and planning gone in a second.

I give up and pack up. My mate said to me yesterday, " if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck" after tonight episode I'm beginning to think he is right.

Sorry to hear about it I completely understand your pain there although I've never been busted off by a boat I've been kayaking several times and had trips ruined by waterskiers. I've even had idiots come flying back and forth in a creek that was barely big enough for there tinny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they belong to a group that will be asking for donations all summer or privately owned?

No pretty sure they weren't from the life savers. Slightly different from the IRB's you normally see at the beach.

All three were the same style though.

Sorry to hear your bad luck. Could have been worse, your line could of caught on their rib and taken your rod for a long swim!

I know that fresh bait is key, but sometimes if you have the gutter right and by the sound of it you did, the blue boxed cali squid can bring the goods. I've also had first hand experience with our site sponsor, bait n go's squid is pretty good!

Caught a soapie off the boat a fortnight ago on it...

Tight lines mate, hopefully you get that silver ghost for Chrissy this year! ;)

Hi Raiders,

Some of the older members might remember my quest for my first Jewie. Well long story short still no Jewie but I thought I'd share this story with you anyway (apologies there's no happy end here).

The story actually begins weeks ago when I focus again on researching techniques, methods etc to enhance my chances when the time and tides are right. I decide tonight is the night to have another crack. So the other day I suggest a "walk along the beach" with the Mrs which she knows is of course code for gutter searching. So I swim out to the most fish holding looking gutters to assess their various depths. I decide on one in particular that drops away steeply from a shallow bank to around 7ft deep (and that was at low tide).

I decide that fresh squid is my best hope so I plan a session yesterday afternoon so it is still fresh for tonight's attempt. As we all know it was p###### down with rain yesterday and I get completely soaked. None the less I come away with only one squid but I bank on this one squid to get me that first Jew.

By now the Mrs thinks I've lost it and I've gone mad.

Off I go to the beach this evening. Half an hour before high tide,using some other squid I bought from the seafood shop, I hook a large Tailor or Salmon (not sure but it jumped out of the water and spat the hook). I decide it's time to put on the fresh squid that I worked my back side off for. It's dusk, just before high and looking promising. My fresh squid is out in this gutter for about 5 mins when out of no where, 3 absolute more-ons in rubber duckies come speeding past. They must have been doing 100kms p/hr and about 30metres off shore (just at about where my line enters the water) one gets threw, the second gets threw then of course the last one catches the line. my rod suddenly bends violently and snap goes the lot. Line, rig and most upsettingly my one best bait. I just want to say to those guys who did this " thanks a lot you absolute dick heads! ( admin please don't edit that out)

Weeks of preparation and planning gone in a second.

I give up and pack up. My mate said to me yesterday, " if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck" after tonight episode I'm beginning to think he is right.

Nats

send me a PM i may be able to assist with your quest.

Johno

Sorry to hear you fell victim to more thoughtless behaviour Nats. Wouldn't it be a nicer place if people were just a little considerate towards each other. That being said, you stick at it mate and I'm sure you'll get a choice Jewie. Have a good Xmas and successful fishing next year. Cheers.

So if we didn't have enough challenges with fishing - opportunity, weather, tides and locations. We simply do not need these idiots in IRB's. They may have banned the Jetskees from SH but there are too many inconsiderate people on small recreational vessels (like RIBS) who do not have the slightest respect for others. I doubt that Minister Gay will ever take up this cause.

Am sorry that you fell victim to these idiots.

Steve

Hey guys after seeing two guys nearly punching on at the petrol station this morning over a petrol pump. Nothing surprises me.

Good luck with the quest Nats. I have given up since being in Sydney I was spoilt living in WA. I used to get 20 to 30 jewies a year off the Beach ranging from soapies to my best of 17.2kg using pillies only. If only I knew then what I know now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk