Be careful who you trust

Fab1

Just a quick one guys,a friend of the mrs dropped in to a local mechanic after realising a brake light on her float was out to be told by the mechanic that she had a issue with the wiring in the float that had to be replaced at a cost of $140.Luckily for her alarm bells rang and she rang the wife for advice.The mrs asked if I could go out and have a look which I did and within a few moments after removing the lights lens I found this-post-20199-0-28583800-1451437923_thumb.jpgThe bulbs cap had corroded due to water ingress through a bad seal allowing rain water in.(The new bulb is on the right).I put the new bulb on for her and sealed the light and she was on her way.

Moral of the story is get a second and even third opinion and when you find someone you trust 100% stick to them like glue.

My mrs always says I carry spares to help everyone else out except myself and am beginning to think she's right.

Cheers.

Once again, love your work Fabian.

Unfortunatly these days if your not completly in the Know people like this will continue taking advantage of honest people.

Not saying they are all like this, but they are out there.

I for one am starting to do more mechanical type work myself because its just way too expensive getting everything done by so called professionals.

Yes I totally agree with you, its a must to get second opinion before committing to anything.

Hopefully the fishing gods are smiling down at you when you go fishing and you get rewarded for your efforts.

I think you need to get yourself a Cape that says FAB1 on it as your starting to become a local superhero helping everyone out!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Guest 4myson

As a mechanic I do understand that you have to make a LIVING but when you get mechanics out there who are trying to make a KILLING on unsuspecting people (especially on the lady's) it's a BLOODY DISGRACE !!!!!

Edited by 4myson

As a mechanic I do understand that you have to make a LIVING but when you get mechanics out there who are trying to make a KILLING on unsuspecting people (especially on the lady's) it's a BLOODY DISGRACE !!!!!

It happens in every occupation mate,the bad guys soon get found out and don't normally last too long in business where the good guys are normally flooded with that much work they can't keep up.When I was an Apprentice I busted my boss putting valve lapping paste into customers cars diffs and gearboxes a couple of times during quite times.Lets just say he wasn't a nice guy and I soon moved on.A little while later he was no longer in business,strange thing that.