Slow morning at Browns rock

Baza246

We went to Browns rock about 6:30 a bit later then I would of liked but that was the earliest we could do. Took with us some frozen pilchards and prawns and I was going to try catch some squid. Second cast got a good sized squid, he was too big for live bait so we cut him into strips. From that point the squid were gone.

I put the strip of squid on a gang hook on 30lb mono line with the same for a lead approx 1 metre lead. We had some lighter hear with 9lb line which we used the prawns on.

For the next couple of hours the squid didn't get touched and neither did the prawns. We ended up walking around the cliffs a bit and found another spot. After half hour or so the squid on the gang hooks got a 75 cm wobbegong. A bit of fun but once I got him we threw him back. The prawns picked up a few small fish over the couple hours but nothing too interesting. The pilchards barely got a nibble and the squid went untouched again.

Eventually my mate caught the fish below. We couldn't figure out what it was so we threw him back too. Anyone have any ideas? Over the next couple hours couldn't buy a bite so we packed up and came home. I can see Browns rock and the areas nearby have potential. But just no luck today.

Anyone who fishes the la perouse area regularly have any tips they could give me. It would be greatly appreciated.07c67cccabc8b1b7b1764965b9e093f6.jpg

Edited by Timh886

Thanks blackfish. Glad we threw him back.

Ps Does anyone have any recommended rigs for kingies, bonitos, snapper etc to try at Browns rock? Bait will be squid. Hopefully live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Timh886

Tried brown rock again this morning headed out at 3. Got onto a few squid. We used 3 for live bait and kept the big one. Got a couple small stingrays that was it. Fished from 3 till 8 with nothing particularly interesting at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk