Unregistered trailer permits.?

Camo1808

Hey raiders. So the wife and i are moving to qld in 5 weeks and i need to move my jet ski up there. I have been work to it for a while so trailer has been out of rego for about 5 months now. Still well within registerable condition.

Now there is obviously no point registering it down here when all we will need to do is transfer it to qld soon.

So my question is i know you can get a UVP (unregistered vehicle permit) in nsw to drive cars interstate but i cant find anything on trailers? Is there sucj a thing?

I dont wanna take "a gamble" and risk it.

Any advice on how i can go about this.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

trailer rego isn't very much

maybe just get six months?

Oh really so you can re register for only 3 months? I thought all new registrations have to be 12 months? Plus ill need a blue slip which is 50 bucks. So already up to 90 haha. Hoping there was like a 20 dollar permit allowing me to drive straight there

Just register your trailer for 3 months. It costs $16 plus the cost of the new number plate if its been out or rego for 3 months or more total cost about $40

Better than the fine for unregistered $637

cheers

Bob

Yes you can register a trailer for 3 months at a time. I do it this way

Ok I forgot the blue slip $32

Just looked at the RMS site and an unregistered vehicle permit is $22 for what you are looking to do. A trailer is defined as a vehicle under the Road Rules Act so a UVP would apply to the trailer

Edited by BalmainBob

Yes you can register a trailer for 3 months at a time. I do it this way

Ok I forgot the blue slip $32

Just looked at the RMS site and an unregistered vehicle permit is $22 for what you are looking to do. A trailer is defined as a vehicle under the Road Rules Act so a UVP would apply to the trailer

Ahh beautiful!! Thats what i wanna hear haha. Yeah you can do it for 3 months when its due for renewal not for "original registration" which is when its been out for more than 3 months.

Also to get a unregistered permit you have to have a safety inspection done to prove its roadworthy.

So a blueslip $39 plus the permit $22 and then you can tow it.

May as well get the blue slip and rego it for 12months and then after the 12months register it in QLD.

My trailer rego was $90

That will give you time to move house and get settled whilst still being able to tow it around.

Edited by jeffb5.8

Also to get a unregistered permit you have to have a safety inspection do to prove its roadworthy.

So a blueslip $39 plus the permit $22 and they you can tow it.

May as well get the blue slip and rego it for 12months and then after the 12months register it in QLD.

My trailer rego was $90

That will give you time to move house and get settled while still being able to tow it around.

Thanks for the advice mate. Thats what i was wanting was the prices so i can way up my options whether i do put rego on it or just a UVP

If you do re register the trailer in NSW don't forget the $42 (or thereabouts) for the new rego plate because it has been unregistered for more than 3 months.

Regards

Twosheds

Yeah exactly. So looking at 40 bucks for plates. 40 bucls roughly for bluey then rego fee.

I think its definitely feesable to get the uvp