Two sessions Burrill Lake

Holls

Seems the flatties are on the chew now, not so a week ago. Got these two on Monday night and threw about five legal bream back. Last night decided to save the bream because I couldn't hook a flathead. But check the bream furthest from the tape, has scales missing. As I brought it to the yak, a MASSIVE flathead close to a metre followed it up and grabbed it! Two fish later, another one (maybe the same one) followed up a 33cm bream I had on. I was using live mullet but the big croc wouldn't touch em. I'm glad because I only had 5lb leader and didn't want a half hour battle.post-33943-0-89038000-1455746869_thumb.jpgpost-33943-0-26270300-1455746876_thumb.jpg

Edited by Holls

Nice fish, my partner and I are heading down to Burrill in a couple of weeks time, and hoping to get onto some decent fish while we are down there.

Shouldn't have too much trouble at the moment. Last week I saw a guy catch a **45cm bream** from the bank.... with cooked prawns! I have never seen a bream like it - looked like a big ol dusky snapper! Wish I'd taken a photo.

post-33943-0-87238800-1455765228_thumb.jpg

Nice report Holls. Probably a good thing you didn't hook the flattie, he might of just had some extra jewellery, with 5 lb leader.

Yeah, very true. Got this big 85cm croc last year (which went back to the lake) but now I'd rather not catch them at all.

Well done! We were on the South Coast in January and flathead were unusually quiet while bream and whiting abounded.

Yes. My view is too many boats and jet skis at that time. Seems to put the fish right off.