Botany Bay 19-2

Xsite

Hi Raiders,

Go to botany on Friday at 7 pm, got about 15 yakkas, caught 1 good bream, flat head and no bite on live bait, decided to move and got my 30 lb rig then a massive bite, despite locked drag, it manage to wrap line on something at bottom, must be a bigggggg jew by the feel of the run and head shake then line broke.

We went to container wall and send live bait down, two run and two port Jackson and then quite, then another run , I grab the rod and it slowly coming to surface without a fight. I was cursing port jackson all the way to surface and to my suprise, a 75 cm jew. it got hook in the gut, My dad lost one jew and I got another one. Just when we decide to go, we heard a scream for help from a boat about 100 meters away, we come over and they couldn't start the engine. I jump over and found he had a flat battery, then change to trolling battery but with a bad connection. Temporary fix him up and his engine started, he got a snapper and 4 kg worth of squid which he offered but we had enough in our fridge so

I declined.

a very happy day even it was quite windy. left at 11 pm

Cheers

Xsite

post-34329-0-86246400-1455967371_thumb.jpg

Great report X site. Well done on the jewies and for helping out another fisho.

We were the third boat at Mol pt. We heard the yelling but when you arrived so quick we figured you were mates.

We started out at a similar time but chased squid to start with. Getting three before heading to Mol pt.

The wind was pretty solid from the NE and the water still pretty dirty. The wind eased right off before kicking back up from the south after midnight. Up until then it was a warm night.

From the time we arrived the water was alive with Tailor the first few hookups resulting in lost fish due to the light leaders. After switching to 30lb we started landing them.

The average size was probably over 40cm, I was keen for a just legal model to send out for live bait which we eventually got a few. We haven't caught a Jew before but we're hopeful it might be our night.

With the amount of Tailor about we chose not to feed our squid to them. We did put down a live tailor that came back a little shorter.

f258e74f969089d252409dd648b85d85.jpg

The next one remained untouched. We also had a large squid head out that was just picked at.

At the end of the night we had the three squid, a bream a few tailor ( some were returned). I have let most of my tailor go the last few years, but they cooked up better than I expected so the next ones won't be so lucky.

We finished up after one am. I would of liked to stayed for the tide change but just couldn't stay awake in the end. When we got back to the ramp a boat had been towed in by the water police with a battery issue. They said they also had a Jew.

It was so nice to be out on the water after about a month off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by welst

Great report X site. Well done on the jewies and for helping out another fisho.

We were the third boat at Mol pt. We heard the yelling but when you arrived so quick we figured you were mates.

We started out at a similar time but chased squid to start with. Getting three before heading to Mol pt.

The wind was pretty solid from the NE and the water still pretty dirty. The wind eased right off before kicking back up from the south after midnight. Up until then it was a warm night.

From the time we arrived the water was alive with Tailor the first few hookups resulting in lost fish due to the light leaders. After switching to 30lb we started landing them.

The average size was probably over 40cm, I was keen for a just legal model to send out for live bait which we eventually got a few. We haven't caught a Jew before but we're hopeful it might be our night.

With the amount of Tailor about we chose not to feed our squid to them. We did put down a live tailor that came back a little shorter.

f258e74f969089d252409dd648b85d85.jpg

The next one remained untouched. We also had a large squid head out that was just picked at.

At the end of the night we had the three squid, a bream a few tailor ( some were returned). I have let most of my tailor go the last few years, but they cooked up better than I expected so the next ones won't be so lucky.

We finished up after one am. I would of liked to stayed for the tide change but just couldn't stay awake in the end. When we got back to the ramp a boat had been towed in by the water police with a battery issue. They said they also had a Jew.

It was so nice to be out on the water after about a month off it.

Funny, we had 2 rods out for tailor and caught two undersize only

Cant seem to get them this year so far

Thanks for your info

Xsite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk