Ridiculous Middle Harbour Session

codymanly

Hey guys,

this is my first post since joining, I've loved reading your stories over the past month and I've finally got one of my own so I thought I'd share it and repay the favour.

I'm pretty new to fishing (like a few months new) but I've been super fortunate to have a brother and a best mate who've gone above and beyond to teach me the ropes.

Anyway, we headed down to Middle Harbour on Saturday afternoon, around 1800, just for a little flick. Using some unimpressive looking pillie he was onto a 57cm flattie within about a minute. He gave it a kiss and threw it back to the sea gods, who then threw him a nice 30 cm bream, which also when back.

Then things seemed to go quiet, for maybe five minutes... What happened next still has me smiling two days later. A school of bonito rolled by, and it was madness for 20 minutes. I pulled out six myself and kept two of the bigger ones for dinner. I was using really light gear and I was literally just dropping a soft plastic down at the school below, which we could clearly see from the jetty we were on, and watching these bad boys munch it up before going on a nice run.

Like I said, I'm new to the sport, but I've always heard of days like this and wondered when and if I'd ever get to experience one myself. I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable afternoons of my life. It's made all the stupid mistakes I've made over the past few months hurt a little less, and it's got me pumped up big time to go find my first King.

Cheers guys,

Codes.