Blue swimmers a bit scarce but few flathead around.

saltrix

Set my 4 witches hats at dawn with hopes of a feed of crabs after getting some a couple of weeks ago, then headed to Patonga to see if there were any flathead around.

There were a few around but no size, about 1/2 the fish were just under legal but managed 5 keepers. Got some yellowtail which proved the most popular bait catching the larger fish.

Things went quite about 10am so picked up the hats for just 1 crab, still it was a nice day on the water and it wasn't as much an effort on my own as going outside.

post-3961-0-91776700-1457935998_thumb.jpg

Is it possible to go crabbing on land? or set out crab pots without boats?.

Thanks

Set my 4 witches hats at dawn with hopes of a feed of crabs after getting some a couple of weeks ago, then headed to Patonga to see if there were any flathead around.

There were a few around but no size, about 1/2 the fish were just under legal but managed 5 keepers. Got some yellowtail which proved the most popular bait catching the larger fish.

Things went quite about 10am so picked up the hats for just 1 crab, still it was a nice day on the water and it wasn't as much an effort on my own as going outside.

attachicon.gifFISH.jpg