Carp....

Guest Jocool

Guest Jocool

As planned, I drove to The Great Northern with a car full of Raiders, and a ute full of tackle. :thumbup: Met up with some more Raiders and we all got stuck into the beer and food that was to give us our energy for pulling in some monster LCR carp. :074: I must admit, it was a better turn out than I had expected. The posse included

Iain

Jimbo

Wetpatch

Riceball

Spanker

Darryl

Andy

Tony Soprano

Basic Fisho

myself, and a couple of drop ins that came as guests.

post-4-1128785237_thumb.jpg

Other members have more pics, so guys, please post them up.

Tactics were discussed, and plans were refined to allow for the fact that our original plan was to fish the boat ramp but there had been some trees uprooted making it decidely un-safe to be in that area if trees were falling. We decided that the wier was where we were headed.

A couple more arrivals after we got to the LCR saw our group grow and become rowdier. :yahoo: Reeso met us there, and George fronted as well. Now George had said he was bringing his kids, but when he arrived, he had a substantial army with him of about 5-6 guys. :1prop:

The first points on the board went to Daniel as he did battle with an eel. :biggrin2:post-4-1128785544_thumb.jpg

And thats all she wrote as far as freshwater fishing went.

Now on the other side of the wier we were being distracted by the crashing of free jumping mullet. So some of George's army decided that the salt was where they want to be. :thumbup: Good call.

After a relatively un-eventful night, the boys managed to foul hook a Herring. Only tiny, but it was encouriging. The bites were consistent, but getting a hook up was proving difficult. Well it came together for another member of George's army who manage to hook and land a respectable flatty.

post-4-1128785775_thumb.jpg

Now after all the beer that Jimbo had consumed he would have been the last person I expected to be de-hooking a thrashing flatty. But he did it supurbly! :thumbup:post-4-1128785857_thumb.jpg

As all this commotion was going on, a bream was brought up to the wier, but was unfortunately dropped as it was being lifted.

So all in all, we had an awesome time catching up with old mates, and meeting some new ones. The fishing wasn't spectacular, but it was fun to be there and hear all the BS stories, and retelling of true stories.

Doesn't get much better! :biggrin2:

post-4-1128786053_thumb.jpg

post-4-1128786089_thumb.jpg

post-4-1128786150_thumb.jpg

Guys, if you have more pics of the night, please post them.

Maybe the carp are more active during the daytime.

As I live pretty close to the Lane Cove, I might just get the canoe out one afternoon with my son and see what gives. Last time I took him down there he was very small and he was chased by a goose while he was trying to feed the ducks. Now that he is nearly 2 metres tall and 100kg in weight, I think the boot might be on the other foot.

We might even give the carp a scare.

Well having blabbed about 'all of these carp' I feel like my reputationin is in tatters.

hehe. The fishing was quiet to put it midly but is was excellent to finally put some faces to names.

Iain and Jimbo both got top points for telling disgusting yet hilarious stories. :biggrin2:

I am determined to sneak down to the river and take some pictures of the carp so you all know I am not full of sh%#t :074:

Thanks Joe for making it all happen. At the very least we did leave about 400 slices of bread in the river and the carp will be fatter than ever when I finally catch one.

Spanker

PS Jimbo's farts were pretty impressive too.

Well having blabbed about 'all of these carp' I feel like my reputationin is in tatters.

hehe. The fishing was quiet to put it midly but is was excellent to finally put some faces to names.

Iain and Jimbo both got top points for telling disgusting yet hilarious stories. :biggrin2:

I am determined to sneak down to the river and take some pictures of the carp so you all know I am not full of sh%#t :074:

Thanks Joe for making it all happen. At the very least we did leave about 400 slices of bread in the river and the carp will be fatter than ever when I finally catch one.

Spanker

PS Jimbo's farts were pretty impressive too.

71422[/snapback]

Hi chaps

Top night boys. I had a ball.

Who needs fish when there's so much fun to be had.

It was great to catch up with some new faces, as well as the usual suspects!!!

Thanks again for the lift Joe.

Hey Joe, thanks for organising a great night!

71569[/snapback]

Andy, all thanks should be directed to Daniel (Spanker). This was his baby. :thumbup: