Hawkesbury Trip

RexSenior

Hi Raiders

Sharing a report from the Hawkesbury last weekend where we got onto some quality fish!

We were land based around Dangar / Wobby fishing in between the rain, BBQ's and the Anglers Rest Pub (Brooklyn).

There were plenty of bream & flathead around however the jewfish were difficult to hook and get to the shore.

Surprisingly most fish were caught around two hours either side of high tide and the bite went quiet on high (last trip it was the opposite???).

Anyway we arrived home with plenty of fish and let go a lot also.

The Jew were taken on Tailor slabs & live herring, most flathead and bream fell for the cooked prawns and hawkesbury prawns whilst an honorable mention goes to the chopper tailor that assisted me in landing a nice 1.1m bronze whaler (I think).

Just using basic rigs with 6-20lb fluorocarbon leaders and baitkeeper hooks (sticking with the K.I.S.S. principle).

Here are a few of the pics....

Cheers, James

post-34486-0-51176100-1458555113_thumb.jpg

post-34486-0-68764900-1458555166_thumb.jpg

post-34486-0-68541700-1458555238_thumb.jpg

post-34486-0-58567300-1458555306_thumb.jpg

post-34486-0-78361400-1458555379_thumb.jpg

post-34486-0-30236100-1458555443_thumb.jpg

Nice report James, some good info in there. Looks like you definitely made the most of the trip. Love seeing the jewies, it just reminds you of that awesome feeling when all the effort and planning pays off.

Some nice fish there, and the shark should have put up a fight.

Cheers Yowie.

I was hoping for a big jew as the live tailor bait was around 32cm. I knew it was something else though after the fist couple of runs it spent the rest of the fight on the surface despite hooking it in 15m+ of water.

Cheers Yowie.

I was hoping for a big jew as the live tailor bait was around 32cm. I knew it was something else though after the fist couple of runs it spent the rest of the fight on the surface despite hooking it in 15m+ of water.

Have had the very occasional jewie swim up from the bottom and fight near the surface. Have also hooked jewies right on the surface at night, even though the water was 10+ metres.

Sounds like a great weekend away James! Isn't great to get the weekend off with a few mates and just "fish". Your fishing has certainly come along way over the past 12 months and I'm really enjoying your reports. Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!