fishing at Port Hacking bay

weekendfish

Joined Fishraider today. Usually go north of Sydney to fish but we are going to try Port Hacking bay area. Does any one know what fish I could expect to catch [i'm very optimistic] in that area. We are two ladies that love fishing and try new areas, give a shout out any other females out there. Cheers...

Port Hacking is a little river system :) there is Bate Bay at the entrance if thats what you meant. Also are you landbased or boat based. Fish wise you can get anything and everything, from basic bread and butter fish like whiting bream and flathead to pelagics like kingfish salmon and bonito. Occasionally a few warmer water fish like cobia and spotted mackerel turn up

Edited by Krispy !

Hi Ladies....I'm a bit new to Fishraider as well but have spent plenty of time around Port Hacking. Will you be land based or in a tinnie? There are plenty of options, and it's good to be optimistic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally. If I was land based and being optimistic I'd hit gymea baths. Try and burley some yakka and float one out. Just my thoughts.

Yowie will probably give you the best advice. I think he's fished the hacking 2 or 3 times.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Landbased fishing and I'm told at the end of Lilli Pilli Rd there are some fishing spots. Haven't been there before.Thanks.....

There is Lilli Pilli wharf down there, its a good spot but can get crowded as its a small wharf

There are a few public wharves, though most become crowded at times, especially weekends and into the night. Some also are used to launch and retrieve boats.

The deep water areas are usually surrounded by rocky shorelines, so snagging your hooks is likely in some locations.

Gymea Bay bathes has a reasonably long fishing area, as does Gunnamatta Bay bathes, clean bottom areas with little snagging.

Personally. If I was land based and being optimistic I'd hit gymea baths. Try and burley some yakka and float one out. Just my thoughts.

Yowie will probably give you the best advice. I think he's fished the hacking 2 or 3 times.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I've been to the Hacking off my boat 4 or 5 times and have had trouble finding yakkas. Does anyone know a good spot to burley up and pick them up around the Hacking?