Queensland grouper the truth!

bluefin

Ha ha . Swordie talked me into it! Went for a fish with my wife this morning , were limited for time so just threw some hard body lures around. I have a favourite bay which is only around 40 meters across and 30 meters in width. The whole thing is only a meter deep and all rocks.I usually catch bream and flathead there, but everytime I go there I hook something bigger and it always throws the hooks before I see what it is.Today maybe I found the cilprit ? Have a look at how it is hooked! Could I submit this as a lure caught record please.

The best I can get length wise is about 32 c/m.

post-256-0-27849100-1458815199_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Howard.

Edited by swordfisherman

I recon it could be the culprit.

I've been busted off, then a few minutes later you catch one of these with you line out of its mouth. Hungry and not shy.

Ones I've caught have been in Kimberleys certainly not in NSW which makes it extra special.

Oh and I see your the Silver Biddy record holder, certainly nice having this badge beside that.

Edited by Blackfish

I saw a bloke catch a good 60cm one in the Coomera a week or two back but probably worth mentioning they are a protected species if anyone didn't know. Those colours look amazing though don't they!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk