gosen mebarin braid

daniel ogden

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has experienced using this braid. I am interested in the 7lb which is extremely thin at PE 0.3. Really interested in it as i believe casting would be superior and 7lb would be easily strong enough for my bream fishing.

Sorry about so many questions lately but appreciate all replies.

Thanks in advance for any replies as always, Cheers, daniel.

Edited by daniel ogden

Should be the same as most other braids right? There is a good post discussing what braid is in the forums.

I've been using Berkley Fireline 6 lb for fishing bream and flat head so you should be fine with 7 lb. I wouldn't go higher though as I find bream lures are very light. Not very familiar with bait fishing yet so can't give any advice there.

Hey brassroots, i understand what you mean mate but this braid would be half as thin as the firelineand this is the thing i want to know more about like weather it still has the strength and if the super thin diamater makes much of a difference to casting and sensitivity.

• 5 weeks later...

If you have no experience with finesse braid, do not use Mebarin, you will not like it and it's a waste of money for you.

A Mebarin is a japanese rock fish and they are targetted with ultra light jigheads and soft plastics. Hence the need for a very fine line because the bites can be quite delicate and hook sets need to be fast. A bream is a much different fish - in japan they are black sea bream, grow a tad larger than here so the tackle is upsized as well.

If you are ok with your finesse setup (eg your 1-3kg setup) and ok to tie your FG's into the ultra light stuff, give it a go and you will be impressed, it will cast extremely well and you will be able to present a lure very well.