How accurate is Seabreez.com.au

Mojo4fishin

Hi all hope everyone has had a great and safe Easter?

I had time to get out today, so I checked the weather and saw about 1m swell and 6-9kns end etc.

How ever when in the water the wind seemed higher my guess would be about 15kns? With about 2m swell.

Was any one else out in the botany area today?

What was the weather like for you?

Any other apps to check for weather?

Cheers

Mojo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all hope everyone has had a great and safe Easter?

I had time to get out today, so I checked the weather and saw about 1m swell and 6-9kns end etc.

How ever when in the water the wind seemed higher my guess would be about 15kns? With about 2m swell.

Was any one else out in the botany area today?

What was the weather like for you?

Any other apps to check for weather?

Cheers

Mojo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabreeze is generally around 25% off the money, its normally 25% stronger that it forecasts

if says 15knts its 20knts, etc, www.bom.gov.au is way more accurate for wind forecasts, but they will also get it wrong from time to time, but overall much more accurate than seabreeeze

seabreeze is pretty good for wave frequency if you're going offshore

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

No matter what site you go to, they are only a rough estimate. On the weekend there seemed to be a lot of ground swell about the inshore but when you got past that, the swell seemed on par!

Just my observations.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Try bouyweather and predict wind aswell.

Check the current charts aswell because a 2 or 3 knots of current with opposing breeze is going to stand things up.

Don't forget seabreeze has observations so when I'm offshore I'm checking for any surprise southerlys or westerly coming up or from the coast.

Pretty sure seabreeze sources its data from BOM. But I always check the BOM coastal waters forecast before heading out, and while out keep an eye on the rain and wind radars if I see clouds moving in on the distant horizon.

Edited by Smasher