Sydney Harbour blackies on Easter Monday

UnderFisher

Gday Fishraiders, hit the eastern suburbs Sydney Harbour this morning with some fellow raiders Royce, Trevor and Andrew. I'm a newbie when it comes to black fishing so Trevor and Royce kindly showed me the ropes when it comes to these finicky fish. What a duo, the knowledge between these two fellas is astounded and when it comes to catching blackies they'd be two of the best! Thanks fellas for sharing and teaching me some of the tricks. Heaps appreciated!

All in all a pretty good morning netting about 16 fish and keeping 12 for the table. I'd like to say I contributed to the tally, but truth be told most of them fish were caught by others. But I did land my first blackfish in a long time measuring up at 38cm which I was stoked with.

Thanks again fellas, great morning all round.

Cheers Josh

78fe653888aae70da477e500359357af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest hawkesbass

Pleasure to meet you josh.

Thanks for the great day out.

Andrew will be jealous you did not mention his prowess and knowledge.

A couple more outings and you will be on your way to catching more luderick.

Another day of good fishing,good company and banter.

Will defineately catch up again for another outing.

Cheers trevor

Cabbage weed is available on most Ocean rock platforms and is usually good for larger fish in harbour spots near the Heads. You can sometimes get string weed on the rocks too.

Always take care and precautions when on Ocean rock platforms, never trust the sea!

where abouts do you get the right bait for them ?

Mate anywhere in estuaries where you have tidal swamps and drains you will commonly find the green weed grows in strands of varying thickness from fine to leafy and coarseness almost like fine copper wire (usually not as productive as softer feeling weed) on the ocean rocks you get the ulva ( sea lettuce or commonly called cabbage) grows in streamers or rosettes. You will get the strand weed growinimgvatvtimes particularly on ledges with a sand deposit or on rocks in the corner of beaches. Google maps is your friend. If your into fly fishing then that's a whole other world I love it it's getting time to get the six weight out and do some lower habour fly fishing on the semi exposed reefs! I was out fishing the bait boys last winter some days getting three to their one! Any questions ask away!

Mate anywhere in estuaries where you have tidal swamps and drains you will commonly find the green weed grows in strands of varying thickness from fine to leafy and coarseness almost like fine copper wire (usually not as productive as softer feeling weed) on the ocean rocks you get the ulva ( sea lettuce or commonly called cabbage) grows in streamers or rosettes. You will get the strand weed growinimgvatvtimes particularly on ledges with a sand deposit or on rocks in the corner of beaches. Google maps is your friend. If your into fly fishing then that's a whole other world I love it it's getting time to get the six weight out and do some lower habour fly fishing on the semi exposed reefs! I was out fishing the bait boys last winter some days getting three to their one! Any questions ask away!

Thanks for that, you are a wealth of knowledge, i won't be venturing onto any rock platforms but i will check out some local creeks, i did see an old bloke the other day with a old sugar sack scouring through one of the local drains, will have to check it out.

Thanks for that, you are a wealth of knowledge, i won't be venturing onto any rock platforms but i will check out some local creeks, i did see an old bloke the other day with a old sugar sack scouring through one of the local drains, will have to check it out.

If you want to venture down for a look for bait on the ocean check out where the protected rock meet the beaches go at low tide and when the swell is down! Maroubra at the north end is a well known not so secret spot lol!!!! And if your seeing old guys with a sugar bag secretly follow them your onto gold!!!! Lol