Cracking cooks session

Rah

G'day Raiders,

Skipped work this morning to soak some bait under the bridge near the airport.

Stocked up on the bait n go worms and prawns and arrived about 1.5 hours after high tide. Cooks can be very hit and miss lately for me. Started on the up river side of the bridge as there were a few blokes with quite a few big rods and i didn't want to get in their way. First cast with a glo worm and i was on, only to get snagged on oyster covered rocks with the fish still attached. frustrating! Pop goes the leader. Re tie. cast. nibble nibble snag. Pop goes the hook. Rinse and repeat.

It started sprinkling so i headed under the bridge, just on the outside of where these blokes were with their big rods. Found a sweet little bream hole. Wasted the next 2 hours feeding bream and whiting the worms and prawns. An old bloke thought i had the best spot along the rock wall and started casting over the top of me. Cheeky bugger didn't catch anything though. In the end I landed 12 Bream 1 Whiting and 1 Unknown. Nothing big, all about just under legal. Didn't bother with pics except for 2. The bream was the last prawn a squishy tiny little thing. Got to love the last, cast, fish.

Saw some bait going nuts all over the place, something big was chasing them. Asked one of the blokes what they were trying to catch with these massive rods and he said taylor. I was sure he was going to say kings or something like that.

And if someone could tell me what this other fish is that would be great. I'm sure its something really common, iv just never caught one before.

Cheers

Tara

post-19048-0-28414100-1460093955_thumb.jpg

post-19048-0-07048900-1460093976_thumb.jpg

The first fish is a Tarwhine, second is a Tailor.

Thanks Yowie, Cant say iv ever paid too much attention to figuring out which is which. Either i caught both Bream and Tarwhine or a lot of Tarwhine. Ha Ha