Moon Phases

marks1984

Hi all,

just seeing if a lot of people uses the moon phase's for fishing yes there are times that I have noticed that certain fish come on the bite e.g. squid after a full moon and salmon after a new moon well they are more active, but ot5her than that I still catch these fish after any moon phase, just your thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Hi all,

just seeing if a lot of people uses the moon phase's for fishing yes there are times that I have noticed that certain fish come on the bite e.g. squid after a full moon and salmon after a new moon well they are more active, but ot5her than that I still catch these fish after any moon phase, just your thoughts would be great.

Thanks

Im with you.I've caught fish on any moon phase but on those very moon phases I've never caught a fish sitting at home.

I find fish like tailor can be very active in the estuaries I fish on a full moon and the bream can be a little shy.

Cheers.

It depends on the estuary and how the baitfish react to the moon. Squid use a full moon to their advantage when hunting at night so naturally that would be a good time for squid. I personally have noticed that the new moon period has been better for pelagics but in saying that ive caught fish throughout the full moon period as well.

There is a lot of science regarding fishing to suit moon phases. Although I tend to agree, I fish when it is convenient, not to suit moon phase, barametric pressure, etc. (Gives me a good excus when the fishing has been poor).

Fishing is such a fickle sport. I think moon phase can play a part, but tidal flow,atmospheric pressure, ambient temperature, water temperature, sunrise, sunset,and whatever a specific species may be feeding on, a combination these things can all play a part in fish biting, or even shutting them down.

It's part of the fun.

Guest Guest123456789

It depends on the estuary and how the baitfish react to the moon. Squid use a full moon to their advantage when hunting at night so naturally that would be a good time for squid. I personally have noticed that the new moon period has been better for pelagics but in saying that ive caught fish throughout the full moon period as well.

Agree with Krispy squid I find are harder around full moon during dawn and dusk. My theory is thy were eating all night!

Water temperature and sea levels are highly important, I know where and when to fish based on this info and it's pretty accurate.