Port Stephens (snapper,flatty, salmon)

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Managed to get out with fellow raider dom on Saturday arvo for a quick flick. We were going to chase some longtail but the bait was hard to find and the wind was against us so with no bait we decided to throw around a few sp's and try and find a few snapper. It was hard going but we boated one pannie each and I picked up a nice flatty too. Then dom seen some birds working and plotted us on that drift. Well, to say I got smoked by what was probably a good mac on snapper gear was an understatement. Almost spooled and the fish found some structure and pop the leader went. Oh well, I came home with a feed. (Sorry no pics)

Today, I went for a quick fish off the stones as the mrs was doing some study. It was lightly raining but I didn't care. A fresh squid strip out on a float while I threw around a vibe for no joy! Then all of a sudden the floated bait goes off. I'm winding my vibe in like mad and it's been chased by a few salmon. I really didn't want a double as I was solo. So I lift the vibe out the water and attend to the other rod. A good fight but a bit of over kill with the gear I was using. Anyway landed one big fat sambo that was returned to the deep and home in time for a shower and some lunch!

post-24974-0-83152000-1462762590_thumb.jpg

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nothing like 2 rods going off together, or for more fun, 2 or more handlines going off together.

Something is better than nothing Scratchie, you could have had salmon patties for tea. :sun:

Nothing like 2 rods going off together, or for more fun, 2 or more handlines going off together.

Something is better than nothing Scratchie, you could have had salmon patties for tea. :sun:

Generally I don't mind two rods going but not off the stones. Too many things to deal with at once.

There were a heap of sambos about though. Seen a school of about 100 come through, big fat ones! A shame they were'nt snapper! :)