First Australian Salmon

Garrybeynon

Went for a flick again yesterday down the road in blackwattle bay. Fishing off the point land based, hooked myself a nice Aussie salmon put up a good fight jumping out of the water 3 times on the retrieve. Also got a couple of small trevallies. Fishing with 8 pound braid 8 pound leader 1/6 size weight, size 1 hook jighead squidgie wriggler

post-38719-0-67452100-1463272450_thumb.jpg

post-38719-0-99664400-1463272492_thumb.jpg

Wow that is a good pick up, Aussie Salmon are great fish to bag and quiet tasty too.

Tasty?

I found them the worst fish in the world with taste - this is when I did not know better.

It was a funny night. Prepared this fish, baked it with care. Served it up and gave it to the family. Went and got a beer. The kids were complaining how bad it tasted. I went off at them, that they always complain about eating fish. I sat down. Had one mouthful. Packed up all the plates. Gave the fish the dogs (They did not eat it) and ordered take away.

My kids love Salmon. The trick is to fillet them and remove all the red meat. I then crumb them (flour, egg, crumbs) and shallow fry them in rice bran oil.

My dad says they are awful too but from what I have gathered thats mostly if you cook them whole.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tasty?

I found them the worst fish in the world with taste - this is when I did not know better.

It was a funny night. Prepared this fish, baked it with care. Served it up and gave it to the family. Went and got a beer. The kids were complaining how bad it tasted. I went off at them, that they always complain about eating fish. I sat down. Had one mouthful. Packed up all the plates. Gave the fish the dogs (They did not eat it) and ordered take away.

I find that floured and pan fried is the best way.

They're quite ok if bled and eaten fresh. Lightly pan fried with a bit of oil, nothing else! Don't freeze them..............rubbish! Sure there are better fish out there to eat, but salmon are certainly edible.

Wack them in a smoker and they are good too!

Had to laugh about the baking of the salmon. My dad did the same to my first salmon i caught it was terrible.

Down on the south coast recently with my dad and we caught a heap of salmon off the beach kept a few and through the rest back. Took them back to the unit filleted them left the skin on fried them in the pan with olive oil pepper salt and a little lemon juice.

Trick just cook them through even a tad glassy on the inside.

Even the kids destroyed them. Had to go fishing every day to get more it was terribly good fun

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I've tried down there recently as well, two 50 cm flatties in two sessions.. Can't get anything except a vibe past the choppers. Would love to catch the salmon/trev in there, definitely more my style of fish

Had to laugh about the baking of the salmon. My dad did the same to my first salmon i caught it was terrible.

Down on the south coast recently with my dad and we caught a heap of salmon off the beach kept a few and through the rest back. Took them back to the unit filleted them left the skin on fried them in the pan with olive oil pepper salt and a little lemon juice.

Trick just cook them through even a tad glassy on the inside.

Even the kids destroyed them. Had to go fishing every day to get more it was terribly good fun

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I've started to cook my salmon this way and I must say it does go down pretty well. Much better than the couple of times I've tried baking them.

Also good whole on the BBQ if super fresh.