Sydney Sunday

finin

Gday all, glorious day. Fished in the same area as last. Little swell around today from the north and current to the north at half a knot Water 21.9 all day and blue.

Fished in 90M and ended up with snapper, couple of trag, hartail and mowies. So a good day and trag for dinner again.

post-13466-0-37928100-1463276942_thumb.jpg

Well i dont know if thats a myth Scent Blazer, but always this time of year we get them. I Give em away bacause to me they are only good for bait.

it could be a myth or a story, I heard it from a tackle shop owner :)

offshore might not be different, but there are definitely around in plague proportions around Newcastle which is unusual, so something has definitely happened that's brought them in, or it could be part of a bigger cycle like every 10 years there is massive Hairtail run in Newcastle

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

it could be a myth or a story, I heard it from a tackle shop owner :)

offshore might not be different, but there are definitely around in plague proportions around Newcastle which is unusual, so something has definitely happened that's brought them in, or it could be part of a bigger cycle like every 10 years there is massive Hairtail run in Newcastle

First of all, nice catch finin! Bottom bashing in 90m of water is a fair wind.

Hairtail in Newcastle harbour is not uncommon. They are as prolific there as the hawkesbury from what the locals have told me up here. One of my mates said he was catching them there 30 years ago. But I think your right about the cycle, some years they are really thick.

I haven't heard of them being caught in that deep of water though!

Not a frost fish finin?

Cheers scratchie!!!

Dan, yes to your question. Yowie, m8 im 2 ways about them firstly, i give them all to the neighbours as a rule, but on last resort i will eat them but they have to be skinned, filleted, boneline out and the redness in the shoulder cut out. All bitterness goes or as i have recently found out, skinned and steamed.

Scent Blazer thats ineresting, 10yr run.

Edited by finin

Scratchie, no mate not a frost, to shallow for them. As said before we have caught them this time of year before, but its only one or two. I actually just looked at the photo of the last one we caught and both appear to be of same size and if i remember was caught in the 80M range.Maybe they are on their way to Botany Bay, which used to be profilic with them a long time ago. Would be interesting to know if any raiders have caught them in Botany, As for the wind up im used to it, does take its tole after a few big fish though lol.

Fisho.sid m8 just the usual, salted pillies, prawns and bottle squid.

Scratchie, no mate not a frost, to shallow for them. As said before we have caught them this time of year before, but its only one or two. I actually just looked at the photo of the last one we caught and both appear to be of same size and if i remember was caught in the 80M range.Maybe they are on their way to Botany Bay, which used to be profilic with them a long time ago. Would be interesting to know if any raiders have caught them in Botany, As for the wind up im used to it, does take its tole after a few big fish though lol.

Fisho.sid m8 just the usual, salted pillies, prawns and bottle squid.

Gday Finin, I got a hairtail fishing in 70m off Malabar about a month ago :)..Surprised me