My first fish on plastics

Guest 4mydad

Guest 4mydad

This mourning I woke up and said to dad if we could go and try some soft plastics fishing today . He just smiled and I knew that meant yes so dad hooked up the boat and we headed to botany . Dad did stop on the way to pick up some bait he said it was just in case . As soon as we got to the runway I grabbed my stick that had a soft plastic on it and cast straight away while I saw dad was putting bait on his rods .I told him that I did not want to use bait today and I was trying to remember everything I learnt from Gianni yesterday. By the third cast I felt a bump just after the first flick on my rod I thought I was stuck on something on the bottom but then I felt another bump so I started to wind the rod in and I could feel something on the line ,it was a big flounder which made my mum very happy as that was her favourite fish . Dad was so excited that I caught something on the plastic . I could not believe it and I beat him to catch the first fish even since he was using bait . we took some photos and measured it and it was 34cm my biggest flounder . After that dad grabbed his soft plastics rod and joined me but he did not have much luck . I was so happy that I caught my first fish without bait and would like to thank Gianni for what he taught me .post-37047-0-96330100-1463915155_thumb.jpgpost-37047-0-16409400-1463915157_thumb.jpg

Oh wowwww Anthony please get that fish into Fish of the Month. Still laughing here at Dad wanting to get prawns just in case.

Swordie is very happy for you and just said "that is an equal 3rd place in the records section for Flounder on a lure"

Submit that into the records section AND fish of the month young man!!

Gianni well done with that student!

Guest 4myson

Well done mate!! Great to see you got something on plastic, I'm sure you'll agree it's a lot funner than bait fishing! Now you've got to teach your dad a few things[emoji6]

Cheers Gianni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Gianni for your time yesterday it has really paid off on Anthony , I'll still need some convincing ..LOL...

That's a cracker of a fish Anthony! Well done little champion. Keep persisting! It's a very active and fun way to fish. There is always times when you can use bait but it's very satisfying landing a good fish on sp's! Congrats mate.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest 4mydad

Hey dad you better start catching on soft plastics baefore I catch even more fish, LoL! Ha ha ha