Boat Trailer Suspension

Hooky.

G'day Raiders

The time has come for me to do an overhaul on the boat trailer. :wacko:

Everything is just great except for the axle and suspension due to rust.

What I'm after is somewhere to buy a galvanised suspension kit, ie a pair of 5 leaf springs (eye to eye), U-bolts, 40mm square axle and Holden hubs, two fish plates, hardware etc etc.

I believe it's cheaper to buy the lot as a kit and I know that you can buy box trailer suspension kits for around $150 which includes hubs, axle and the rest, although I'm more than happy to buy bit by bit depending on the price difference.

If anyone can help find somewhere reasonably priced it would be appreciated, preferably in the south west and/or west of Sydney but willing to drive further if necessary.

Does Yabbie Marine sell this sort of stuff.........Ben???

P.S. I could probably ring around but Fishraider is as good as using the yellow pages and this way at least I can get feedback and info which may help others as well. :thumbup:

cheers and thanks

Hooky

Edited by Hooky.

There is a caravan supply place at Kogorah. They have a website...but I aint sure what it is.

Could also try this....www.allstatestrailerspares.com.au

Springs and shackles can also be had at Bias.

There is a caravan supply place at Kogorah. They have a website...but I aint sure what it is.

It's called Camec (previously Caravan Accessories) and they have just opened up another store at Ingleburn.

www.camec.com.au

Saw another place today Paul. Caravan place on the Hume at Lansvale. Just before you get to the Shell city bound. Next door to Siba carpets if you know it!

Edited by Jocool

Thanks for the replies fella's, there's plenty there for me to go on and I'll start ringing around. :thumbup:

Just need to get the whole job done by Chrissy or earlier.......which isn't that far away you know and it's even closer if you take out lost work time due to fishing committments on the weekends. :1yikes:

Oh, and :1welcomeani: MrYabbie, a few people have told me about Sales Trailers so they must be OK, thanks for the phone number as well.

cheers and thanks again

Hooky