Acoustic guitar build

Stapo

If arthritis is too bad then I can help. I mean I can help taking the guitar off your hands [emoji12] a bad back won't prevent me from playing it hehehe

--

Huy

Your a funny boy hew. I'll let you have a go when I finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That seems like a pretty interesting hobby. Is the cost about in line with buying one yourself?

Probably a bit more than say a Maton. Cheaper and better than a USA made Martin.

When you say a bit more than a Maton they range from $900 to about $5K...

Where does it sit in that price range?

Great effort by the way.

That's a huge achievement. Even if its a formal course you can't do that sort of thing without a lot of skill.

Cheers

Jim

When you say a bit more than a Maton they range from $900 to about $5K...

Where does it sit in that price range?

Great effort by the way.

That's a huge achievement. Even if its a formal course you can't do that sort of thing without a lot of skill.

Cheers

Jim

Ha no skill required. Well maybe a bit He's always there showing and watching. Won't let any average workmanship. There's all sorts of jigs and things to help. Young people. Ladies. School teachers.

The cost will depend on how many lessons it takes I recon mine might finish up around $2500.

Edited by Stapo

Fantastic!

Wish I had the available time.

Cheers and thanks for the ongoing post.

Jim

I'm having a ball Jim. Even giving up some fishing time Saturday mornings. Unheard of.

Fantastic effort Stapo. Maybe you'll be able to post a video of you playing it. Well done mate.

Thanks. Won't be completed and sprayed. 2 months.

de38e38587cd5360dd849224456faea0.jpg

Here's a finish product from another student. Looks and sounds sensational. One of the best acoustic guitars I've seen.

Yeah that looks the goods!!! Is it a maple back and sides, or some other exotic timber?

How thick is the soundboard?

Lovely finish , what's the inlay around the sound hole.

Not real sure foz. King Billy I thing. Sound board is about 2.5mm. Rosette is made from timber. You can spend a lot of time on the rosette all hand made.

5f5ca2755d0094714718879110729fcb.jpg

Finished for now. Off to the painters then I put the strings on with a pick guard and a dual pick up. Should take 6 weeks. So I'm starting another one.

• 1 month later...

Looks the goods, should've put your name in nice gold lettering on the headstock.

Thought about it. But decided not to.

WOW!,

It looks fantastic.

Thanks. Can't believe I made it from scratch. I knew it would sound good because it was made to the specifications but it sounds unbelievable. The tone and volume. Better than my mates Maton which I would have been happy if it sounded similar. If only I could play it. Ha.

That seriously is awesome, can you describe the sound a bit more. Does it hold a note well in resonance?

It sure does. I'm attempting to record it and put a link on here to YouTube. It has a very rich tone lovely bottom end and the strings ring. Big volume but not booming.

Apparently it's all in the bracing and kerfing inside. Plus the spruce timber on the soundboard has to be perfect thickness. You should hear the baggs pickup. Insane.