Crowdy Head Annual Trip

mmaclure

Hi everyone,

Last weekend a fishing buddy and myself ventured up from the Central coast to give the Local fish a little

Day 1 we headed to Mermaid reef to load up with live bait but no luck nor did we find any kings so off to the wave rider bouy. A couple of undersized Dollies and one legal fish for dinner.

Day 2. Headded straight to the bouy and were greeted buy the locals. A couple of keepers and back into the bay before the wind makes it miserable

Sorry the post got away before I finished.

After heading back into the bay we drifted the edges of Joals Shoals for a number of keeper snapper. We have never targeted Snapper before but thought "when in Crowdy"

Once we got on top of a school we had double hook ups and some bigger fish that made it back to the reef I think?

My Biggest went 45cm on my 4kg bream rod so I was pleasantly surprised to feel the power and head thumps that everyone talks about.

May need to research them a bit and have a proper crack now that I have the Snapper bug ;-)

Snapper are one of my favourite fish to target. You can use either bait or plastics. They hit hard and fight harder! Great for the table, what isn't there to like about snapper?

Well done :) good to see you picked up a few! Wait until you get them in the 5-8kg range! Just awesome fun!

Cheers scratchie!!!