Changing from a Centre Console to Cuddy Cab

fishing123

G'day guys, I'm looking for a new boat and am struggling to make a decision.

Currently have a Polycraft 4.55m Centre Console and pretty sold on shifting over to a 5m to 5.5m cuddy.

I don't do any estuary fishing, mainly fish for Mackerel, Tuna, Snapper, Jew, Dollys, Marlin etc.

Has anyone make the transition from a Centre Console over to a Cuddy and hated it?

Would love some advice I'm going loopy trying to make a decision.

Main reasons for the change are, tired of getting drenched, sunburnt and knocked around.

Live in the Ballina / Byron Bay area NSW.

Cheers!

No experience in that transition but I have always liked the cabin boats. Can even get a sleep while you wait for that Jewfish to come along with the right boat!

Any particular ones you are looking at?

If you're not after a cabin to sleep in, and at 5 - 5.5m in a cuddy cabin, there isn't a 'lot' of room to speak of, why not look at a 'walkaround ' style of boat. Offers the protection you want from the elements, but also the benefits of being able to fish right around the whole boat similar to a CC. I have a 560 barcrusher, and love the versatility, the ride and layout. I can throw lures for bream up the river and chase the Marlin on a good day. Besides, it get pretty cold on the south coast in winter and it's nice to stay warm and dry. Just something to think about. Good luck.....

Dave

Edited by Croydon

• 3 weeks later...

mate, had a CC for years and like you I got sick of being sunburnt, bashed up, tired legs and soaking wet when coming in from outside. Sold it last year and bought a Haines signature 492F cuddy. Best boat I've ever owned.

Tuffy.