fire line

stevo j

pink......... really? any particular reason?

:pokey::074:

easy to see and the fluro yellow is terrible as it always broke when tying knots

I only use 4 lb fireline and it is fantastic in the lighter stuff especially pink

Spot on.

By far & away the best 4lb braid on the market, with the best knot strength.

You will get a few tangles to start off with as it's a bit stiff. It does wear in &

the tangles stop. Don't over fill your spool.

Pink is also the colour that is the least visible under water. It has less refraction

than any other colour.

Mate fireline is the bench mark in braids. I have a reel that has fireline on it from when i was in grade 6 ( i'm now 30) and we went to qld catching the usual monster fish. Caught a ton of gummie and salmon on it since then and still use it to catch the jews and school sharks today. And i do allot of fishing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I used to use Fireline in the 4lb for years as it was the best value line I could find at that time but then switched to Powerpro in the 4lb in the last 4 years. The Fireline back then was a fused braid which meant the fibres were kind of stuck over each other. The problem was that over time it the fibres would separate and fluff up (and grab) which resulted in more birds nests with the lighter lures. The separating of the fibres used to weaken the line and I lost some fish I should not have. To be fair I used to fish most weekends and often both days so the Fireline saw a lot of use before it got to that point. At that point I would test the line by trying to load it up between my hands till I found the point it would not break easily. Sometimes I had to get rid off 2 to 3m.

PowerPro is a woven braid so it fluffs up a lot less and seems to maintain its strength a little better. The Fireline is great stuff but be aware of the problems associated with fused braids. BTW the Fireline used to come in 125 yard spools and the PowerPro comes in 150 yard spools.

It would probably be good for light lure fishing for bream etc as I think it's pretty waxy and buoyant and slows sinking of light lures and stays visible on the surface for bite detection.

I stopped using it for Squidding as I think it effected the sink rate of the jigs. I had a couple of days where two identical jigs fished the same technique next to each other were running 4-6 to 1 and couldn't figure it out. Even the same rods. I switched both outfits to sunline momentum braid, both 10lb but different colours to help with tangles I think that works better.

No good trying to tie 30lb Fireline to 40lb leader using an FG knot. The Fireline won't bite into the leader as it's too waxy. Ended up using it as mid reel packing. I do use lighter stuff on a SP rod with a double uni knot...that works ok. It does fade after a while, suppose most do.

A few people have said it but fireline is great especially for the light stuff. I find the heavier you go, the more problems you have.

Been using 3lb crystal for my light spin for over a year and don't remember having a single birds nest or windknot. Start getting them on 6lb exceed though.

Used 20lb exceed initially for spinning off the rocks with >80g chromes and had to take it off after the second session due to fraying (fluffing as DerekD described). Non-fused Finns didn't have this problem.

• 3 weeks later...