A Few Hours on the Hacking Friday Night 17/6

Brooker435

Hi Raiders,

I thought It would be good to share my latest fishing trip with you all.

It all started as I walked into the office this morning and my phone goes off that I have a message.

damn I thought, what does the Wife want now!!!! to my surprise It was a text from Will AKA Budsta wanting to go for a fish tonight. It honestly took about a microsecond to make the decision lol as It has been a while since I have been out and knowing that the rain due this weekend would mean I would have to wait another 2 weeks to fish was a no brainer for me!!! Anyway we meet up as planned armed with pillies, Worms & chicken and don't forget the squid jigs, we arrived around 8pm tide had started to run out but was still quite calm, we both flicked our jigs around for about half an hour for a donut. The water was still dirty from the recent rains lots of debris etc, but squid had been caught recently as there were ink stains on the pier that looked fresh and the guys there had managed a couple, we decided not to waste our time and get the bait rods out. the baits sat around for an hour getting the odd nibble but it was looking like a bust. Will was fishing Pillies, I fished worms then the chicken, Will was also throwing pillie cubes in every 20 mins or so.

The fishing eventually picked up around 10pm as the tide ran a bit more. the chicken was the stand out bait but I believe the burley played a big part in our success, we ended up getting a few bream between us nothing massive possibly 1 or 2 close to legal but we did not bother measuring, everything went back to grow bigger.

We decided to pull the pin about 12, a great way to spend a few hours after a week at work and I have another fishing buddy. hopefully Will and I can get out a bit more in the future and possibly try target jewwies!!!!

tight lines raiders!!! sorry no pics this time maybe next time will take some photos!!

Regards,

Nathan

Well done to you both for braving the lousy weather and cold Nathan.After all this terrible weather we've had it will be a while for things to clear up.It would be interesting to know how many boats have run over floating debris such as logs etc recently. Better luck next time out mate with your new fishing friend.

Thanks Fabian, it wasnt that bad weatherwise and not that cold I thought one things for certain the water has cooled down for winter the fishing was better then I expected too usually when its cold its very slow but the bites noticably increased around 10. I had the jewwie rod with me but got lazy so I didnt bother setting it up perhaps I should have done so!!!

Regards,

Nathan

It was a pretty peaceful night!

Pumped to get out again...

Maybe tonight :P although I have a bunch of chores the Mrs wants done around the house and I couldn't win her over with offerings of fresh fish last night haha

Ive spoken to budzta about a trip but been tied up with work and last second emergency calls if u guys are keen this saturday we can organise a fishing trip. Maybe target some jews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow you are keen!!! I like it lets work something out towards the end of the week, Saturday Night tides may work with your finish time high tide in the parra river is around midnight so if we are a couple hours before that it may be worth going fishing. send me a pm if you want to go and we can tee something up.

Regards,

Nathan

Great to see you all getting enthused and actually getting out there fishing. You won't get anything sitting in the lounge room...I should know. Good luck and keep the reports coming, they are getting a bit light on.

• 1 month later...