Tcd

covanova

there is a river just past the power station. I can't remember the name...may have been the Cox.....But its a designated Trout stream, and it looks awesome from the little section I saw of it.

There isn't really a Thompsons Creek as such at the moment. More like a dry gully more than anything else!

As for whether TCD is firing well or not? Well now is the time that 'normal' Trout Lakes fire (by normal I mean those that have a spawn run, which TCD doesn't) and I can't see TCD being much different. Its still cold enough for the Trout to hunt the margins. Best bet is to head up and find out!

As for where to fish, the Dam Wall is a good spot to start but beware of the slippery climb down it :thumbup:

Cheers

Windy

Yes, thats the Cox's River but it relies on water released from Lake Wallace. I fished it several times but only caught smallish rainbows. I have not fished it since Water Conservation removed the willow trees along its banks. Maybe its worth a look now but there are better streams to explore.

Went to TCD but didn't do any good. I suspect that 10:30am may be too late in the morning at this time of year, especially when it's sunny...is this theory plausible? We tried the wall and attempted to walk up towards the stream but it took too long for our timetable.

Fishraider Covo (who was with me) spent the night on the Kowmung, I'll let him post his report.