State of Origin (what a joke)

Scratchie

Well, considering the talent that we have in this state, how the hell do we consistently lose so many games over the last 10 years???

Is it the coaching or the selections???

I'm a massive league fan but I'm starting to be really dejected by the lack of effort and commitment by the NSW side.

Bring back the "cattle dog@". At least if we can't win the game, we can win the fight!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Scratchie, Queensland had kept the basically same team for a number of years. They know each others plays and have developed a deep understanding of each other. On the other hand NSW have chopped and changed their players to the extent that the players do not have an opportunity to develop this understanding.

Queensland appear to have a greater sense of pride and loyalty for their own team. How many times have come back from a losing position to win? :banana:

Queensland has been blessed over many years with outstanding playmakers........JT, Cronk, Lockyer, Wally, Alfie etc.

Unfortunately the Blues have had 'good' playmakers, but not outstanding, particularly in recent years. Thats where I believe the big difference is!

I think QLD just have more passion and pride in wearing the jumper.Before the game you can see QLD jumping out of their skins in the warm up area in the change rooms while NSW just sort of walk around looking lost.I cant see NSW wining in the near future.NSW need to bring in some of the old timers in to camp to fire them up and talk about the history of the game.QLD always talk about Arthur Beetson and Wally Lewis,who do NSW talk about?????

If you just rattle off the names you get Inglis, Cronk, Thurston etc. it really is quite clear why they keep winning. I think we need to clean everyone out and start again. Hopefully some of their super stars will retire soon.

Being up here in Qld at the present time, there are plenty of cocky maroon bastards about.

The same happened with our cricket time for a while, for a period there swapping players all the time and they did not have time to gel with each other. Same happens with the League team.

As I am typing this, that cocky 'Fatty' on the footy show is bragging about the win.

Should return to some wins when the older maroons retire.

How can any blues halves pairing possibly compete with the likes of Thurston and Cronk??

Its a very embarrassing and sad time to be a NSW supporter

I think we just have to wait until there big names retire before we have a chance...

Did you guys watch the footy show? Paul Harragon pretty much summed it up really well. Blues squad has changed so much... that its like most of the teams at the beginning of year with new players that haven't gel-ed yet. And each year they keep changing the squad which makes it even worse. NRL is a team sport, its not like the NBA where you have 1 ball hog who scores 50 points a game to carry the team. Blues recruited 6 ball hogs this year.

Edited by The Incredible Hull

Better said

If Yowie is not catching every fish in that river because he's in QLD, there is 1/2 a chance for others to get in before him.

I told the fish that if the boat offering baits is one does not fish in the Hacking very often, stay away from it and wait for me to return. :074:

I told the fish that if the boat offering baits is one does not fish in the Hacking very often, stay away from it and wait for me to return. :074:

Yeh Dave

Your down they that often. I'm sure you know them on a first name basis.

Can you please have a kind word for me next time I visit the Hacking

What do you believe should be the new BLUES team to go forward

FULLBACK tedesco

WING Michael Gordon

CENTRE jarrod Croker

CENTRE josh Dugan

WING mansor

FIVE EIGHTH Maloney

HALF Chad Townsend

LOCK clemer

SECOND ROW Lewis

SECOND ROW beau Scott

FRONT ROW fifita

HOOKER farah

FRONT ROW tamoa

BENCH josh Reynolds

BENCH Shannon Boyd

BENCH frisell

BENCH boyd cordner

COACH craig Bellamy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been watching the footy show lately and I know its all about fun etc but when they went to the Blues camp and started asking questions about State of Origin - there is no way I would be mucking around if I took it seriously. You look at the greats, Ali, Kobe Bryant, Jordan (bball fan) you don't see them muck around until they win.

Just my 2c - different mindset.

What do you believe should be the new BLUES team to go forward

FULLBACK tedesco

WING Michael Gordon

CENTRE jarrod Croker

CENTRE josh Dugan

WING mansor

FIVE EIGHTH Maloney

HALF Chad Townsend

LOCK clemer

SECOND ROW Lewis

SECOND ROW beau Scott

FRONT ROW fifita

HOOKER farah

FRONT ROW tamoa

BENCH josh Reynolds

BENCH Shannon Boyd

BENCH frisell

BENCH boyd cordner

COACH craig Bellamy

Why would you put josh reynolds there, they dont need another halfback in the team

Surely that spot should be for another forward (which is where the game is usually won) or a better utility player.

Why would you put josh reynolds there, they dont need another halfback in the team

Surely that spot should be for another forward (which is where the game is usually won) or a better utility player.

True Sam! But Reynolds is a grub and built for origin! Take out Chad Townsend then, move Maloney to half, Reynolds to five eight and ok I'll let Gallen play! :)

Here is my team

ORIGIN TEAM:

FULLBACK: JAMES TADESCO (Wests)

WING: MICHAEL GORDON (Parramatta)

CENTRE: JOSH DUGGAN (St George/Illawarra)

CENTRE: TOM TRBOJEVIC (Manly)

WING: JOSH MANSOUR (Penrith)

FIVE EIGHTH: JACK BIRD (Cronulla)

HALFBACK: CHAD TOWNSEND (Cronulla)

LOCK: DAVID CLEMER (Canterbury)

SECOND ROW: WADE GRAHAM (Cronulla)

SECOND ROW: TYSON FRIZELL (St George/Illawarra)

FRONT ROW: AARON WOODS (Wests)

HOOKER: MITCH REIN (St George/Illawarra)

FRONT ROW: PAUL GALLEN (Cronulla)

BENCH: ANDREW FIFITA (Cronulla)

BENCH: BRYCE CARTWRIGHT (Penrith)

BENCH: DYLAN WALKER (Manly)

BENCH: BOYD CORDNER (Easts)

COACH: CRAIG BELLAMY (Melbourne)

There obviously many other plays knocking on the door.

This I believe has a sprinkling of new exciting plays that may just be the beginning of a new era.

Edited by shakey55