Cowan

plummo

Finally got out on the water with the young bloke for a shot at the elusive hairtail last night. He told me of a secret spot his boss had told him about, So we put in at Akuna and of we trot to Waratah (secret 1). The wind was howling so we hook up to a mooring rather than anchor up. Secret no 2 chicken breast garlic spread and parmesan marinade. Shore enough he pulls up a nice flatty followed by a 30+ bream. I'm promptly told, see it works (yes son great idea). Meanwhile I get a few yakkas and a couple of nice tailor. It gets to around 9.00pm and I tell him my secret weapon is about to be released, (fillet of tailor on one rig and a butterflied yakka on the other). The reply is, your kidding you'll only attract bloody sharks. We finish listening to the footy and get into the sleeping bags. Hi tide around midnight and the sound in my dream is realised and panic stations as I try and get out to the action. A few minutes later up pops an 85cm piece of silver. One hairy after that and that was it for the night. We had both shared our secrets and I told the young bloke under no circumstances was he to tell anyone. The other lesson he learnt was that there really is BRASS MONKEY weather and I think he checked back at the ramp if he had left something back at Waratah.

post-18923-0-00981900-1466843308_thumb.jpg

Finally got out on the water with the young bloke for a shot at the elusive hairtail last night. He told me of a secret spot his boss had told him about, So we put in at Akuna and of we trot to Waratah (secret 1). The wind was howling so we hook up to a mooring rather than anchor up. Secret no 2 chicken breast garlic spread and parmesan marinade. Shore enough he pulls up a nice flatty followed by a 30+ bream. I'm promptly told, see it works (yes son great idea). Meanwhile I get a few yakkas and a couple of nice tailor. It gets to around 9.00pm and I tell him my secret weapon is about to be released, (fillet of tailor on one rig and a butterflied yakka on the other). The reply is, your kidding you'll only attract bloody sharks. We finish listening to the footy and get into the sleeping bags. Hi tide around midnight and the sound in my dream is realised and panic stations as I try and get out to the action. A few minutes later up pops an 85cm piece of silver. One hairy after that and that was it for the night. We had both shared our secrets and I told the young bloke under no circumstances was he to tell anyone. The other lesson he learnt was that there really is BRASS MONKEY weather and I think he checked back at the ramp if he had left something back at Waratah.

Secret #2 sounds good enough eat, bugger feeding it to the fish.