After work Flathead session

AI fella

One of those days today......myself and the boss finished a job earlier than expected and we were both driving through La Parouse looking at how glassy Botany Bay was.....then the phone rings and i don't normally drive and phone, but it was the boss who was now 3 cars ahead ...Ya keen ???? Ohhh yeah was my reply ;)....30 mins later were on the boat cruising down Yowie Bay, heading out the front and around Jibbon Bombie for a look and to have a quick bottom bash. Water out the front is looking nice ,whales everywhere with a bit of a sloppy swell ,we motored about 200m out and started a nice drift to the south off the water-run, the flatties went nuts we boated about 25 fish in 40 mins keeping a few beauites about the 75cm mark :) with the rest returned,about 4.50pm massive schools of slimies turned up, if we could have stayed we'd have filled an esky with baits...anyway one of those unplanned great little sessions that just happen :) bring on the YFT,

Cheers

I found some nice 45-48 cm bluespots south of the Hacking entrance today. In deeper water though - around 40 metres. Using a 3-hook snapper catcher and a two hook hand -tied paternoster rig (both baited with frozen squid or fresh slimy mackerel) I brought up five fish on the first drops!! Water temperature is an incredibly warm 20 degrees. Most of the fish were males and full of milt. An acrobatic whale not far away was a bonus!