Cowan creek 1st July

Seahawk

Long time reader, first time posting

So sat in traffic Friday arvo and eventually launched at Apple tree bay boat ramp just before sun set. Headed down to Waratah bay and anchored up in about 15 m of water. I have never fished for the elusive hairtail but with my dad on board it wouldn't take long to drag one aboard. Before the anchor was on the bottom first fish was in the boat. The bite was hot with 7 hairtail in the boat under an hour. As soon as that tide changed, nothing.

The hairies were biting anything but favoured a fresh fillet of garfish. Pulled the anchor and picked up a mate from the wharf and headed down to smiths creek. Not much happening. Headed back up to Waratah and the hairies weren't biting again. Called it at about 10 pm as the temp plummeted.

Heard a few familiar names yelled across Waratah bay. Ended up being the fishraider social. Hope every one in the social had a good week end. Might have to remember to sign up next year.

Never eaten hairtail but spent the time and filleted them. Light dusting of flour and fried. Delicious

Tight lines everyone

Seahawk welcome to fr.

You should have come and joined in the social!!! All raiders are welcome at any time. There were fishraiders all over that area Fri to Sunday. We had lots of fun. Have a look at the post in social events for all the details.

7 hairtail is great - what size were they?

All my fush were only between avout 1.1m - 1.3 so i dont think im gonna take home any prizes.

I was happy enough to catch any hairtail escpecially being the first time targeting them.

Ill have to pencil in next years social early so i dont forget.

Cheers to all the raiders who post up info. Ive spent many hours researching tips and tricks to help my catch rate improve. Now its my turn to help out.

Just bought a small 4.29 tinnie so i guess ill run into a few raiders out on the water in the future.