Fishing the Entrance

Wellzy94

Hi, Raiders!

I'm planning to fish the Entrance (land-based) next weekend. Read a fantastic post on the forums here about Blackfish fishing, and I'm keen to give it a go, as well as hopefully SPs for Flathead!

I've never caught a fish on plastics before, and it'll be my first time blackfishing so any tips would be appreciated!

I was planning on fishing near the bridge, and using 2.5-3" Z-Man grubs on the drop-offs for flathead, and picking up some of the nearby weed for the blackfish.

My main question would be can I get any of the right weed for blackfish in the area, or would I need to go elsewhere to find it?

Edited by Wellzy94

The best weed we use is the wire weed. ded7174718d11c8f23078a06bf618696.jpg

Can't really tell you where to get it as its top secret stuff. I'm sure one of the boys on the wall would give you some if not the tackle shops would sell it for a few bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Raiders!

I'm planning to fish the Entrance (land-based) next weekend. Read a fantastic post on the forums here about Blackfish fishing, and I'm keen to give it a go, as well as hopefully SPs for Flathead!

I've never caught a fish on plastics before, and it'll be my first time blackfishing so any tips would be appreciated!

I was planning on fishing near the bridge, and using 2.5-3" Z-Man grubs on the drop-offs for flathead, and picking up some of the nearby weed for the blackfish.

My main question would be can I get any of the right weed for blackfish in the area, or would I need to go elsewhere to find it?

Wellzy94,

If you go to the wall you will meet some nice fisherman and all the help you can get.

Steve, I am heading up the coast as far as Sth West Rocks for about 3 weeks. The wife's mother passed away age 94 last fortnight so we are heading off for a break, are the blackfish still on as I would like to try the new rod out. Will be there in Sept for the prawns.

Make sure you look after Wellzy 94 like you did me. :banana:

There a bit hit and miss at the moment. Bit hard for me to fish this weekend. But I'd try the eastern end of the wall. Boat shed end.

I'm actually not getting up there for a fish until next weekend (14th). But I'll definitely try there, see how I go!

That might be better. Send me a pm next week and I'll give you my phone number. I have plenty of weed I'm experimenting with it in a fish tank. So far so good. Been 1 month. 2e7aa4f16fefbdea60b5f168fe270b99.jpg

Cheers Steve.

That might be better. Send me a pm next week and I'll give you my phone number. I have plenty of weed I'm experimenting with it in a fish tank. So far so good. Been 1 month. 2e7aa4f16fefbdea60b5f168fe270b99.jpg

Cheers Steve.

Looks like the algae scrubber tank I used to have on me reef setup :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

What's an algae scrubber tank. ?

Extracts the nitrates. Nitrites from Salt water aquariums. I. E. Scrubs the water clean.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Cheers Steve.

I think Kay does the same with her weeds

--

Huy

That tank sure looks the goods Steve!

Thanks. The weed is still strong and smells fresh. I don't think it will grow but it is keeping better than the same weed in a veg box also in the crisper.

Cheers Steve.

That's a new slant on growing your own weed Steve. Interesting concept. How's the process work?

That's a new slant on growing your own weed Steve. Interesting concept. How's the process work?

Not sure it's growing but it's keeping quite well. Bagged out this morning with some nice fish. Kept it simple. Fresh water. Added salt. Filter. 2 airators a grow light which I turn off at night. Don't change the water or add any fish food. Just leave it in the thank and take a little bit off the top when I go fishing.

I tried it last year but I fiddled too much with it and it went brittle. Still strong and smells fresh at the moment.

Steve,

Traveling around the Nth Coast called into Tea Gardens for about 4days and looked at the local tackle shop he had weed in plastic bags and selling it for $5 each and said they last for about a week (just keep it in the fridge,he had them in the fridge) and he gets fresh weed each week. He said that he sells quite a lot and has it all year round. I go to Tea Gardens and Hawkes Nest quite often so will give it a try, hope it is true that it keeps OK.

At present at Hat Head and watching 4 blokes fish the Koronooga Creek for blackfish using artificial weed flies with no burley and catching quite a few.Don't have any fishing gear with me