Found some Snapper

recurve

Well the big question is where are the snapper on South Coast Bellambi launch. Many told us to go wide and drop Inchikus or baits but we figured that they must be holding in close as well.

We figured right. Not huge but 12 were welcomed aboard. We caught some Trevally and at one point were filled with Dread when Cuda's turned up. They were gone within 30 min so happy days.

Early start, launched at 5.30am. Was very windy this morning, very Windy. No swell so the journey to the mark was pretty sweet. We anchored up and it was blowing hard. Boat was yawing and current was all wrong. Whipped out the Ezy Lay, set it on Anchor Rode and with a few adjustments it was perfect and we had the current out the back straight and all the hard yawing action was gone. What a difference!!

Most of the action was from my mate, same rig same bait but he was getting all the action. When my rod did go over for a decent fish i was in the cabin and he got to reel it in :mellow: . What can I say, he was on fire today and I was left wondering what was going on. :wacko:

It all shut down as the sun came up higher so we decided to try out wide in 50m. Was blowing hard again. Motor in reverse idle held us on spot but after 3 drops and a good bin we decided to call it. Blasted back to Bellambi and as we got close in it glassed out. Bugger all swell meant I could hammer down and we came in close to Woonona Beach blasting at 55k found a wee wave rise, slowed the boat, lined it up. Came up under it and powered down for a bit of flying action. Love it when your boat leaves the water.

Smooth exit no Ramp Drama.

Stunning day and plenty of Reds in the fridge :1clap:

15m off a Northern Reef. Between Bulli and Coledale...That's all I am permitted to say. I may have said to much already :1naughty:

post-30623-0-04649700-1471315523_thumb.jpg

Edited by recurve

seriously I have caught snapper in close and out wide even at Thouroul Beach,

These days I spend my time at Stanwell around the humps and deeper , And Im being truth full .

some days I find them close and other times deep, they are like cattle moving around and feeding , a good sounder helps and lots of luck on some days, others days you just cant miss

Yes, well I think we proved this theory today. Big Red is in close too. We had a couple of big takes. The ones where you can't get your rod out of the holder. Strained faces, jerky movements, you know the ones. But both times they came off. Found the snapper were generally soft biting today. We had to set the hooks rather than the usual Wham!!

Was such a shame to go to work after a session like this. But despite this I am going to get into this pre work concept. Might be onto something.

Water sports marine, Top blokes my Surtees came from there with a Merc

I brought mine over from NZ. Got my trailer from Water Sports. Very good to deal with. I had a Suzuki fitted a couple of months ago and chose Hunts Marine Wollongong. Also good guys. Was very tempted to get the Merc CT from Anthony at WSM but too far to drive for service and follow up.