Pre-purchase inspectors in Sydney

Jay85

I've been watching these forums for a while and I've got a heap of info but now it's time to buy a boat capable of going offshore. I live between Brisbane and Sydney and I'm looking at buying a boat located in Western Sydney. I will likely just drive down and if it goes well, buy it and drive it back to Bris the next day.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a boat inspector that could do the water test and mechanical tests on the day to make sure there are no unseen issues?

The boats that I'm looking at are around 5.7m and about 5 years old. Not likely to have hull issues but I assume that an water test is going to be much better than just going to the local dealer and getting an outboard test?

Edit - The boat is in the western suburbs.

Edited by Jay85

I've been watching these forums for a while and I've got a heap of info but now it's time to buy a boat capable of going offshore. I live between Brisbane and Sydney and I'm looking at buying a boat located in Western Sydney. I will likely just drive down and if it goes well, buy it and drive it back to Bris the next day.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a boat inspector that could do the water test and mechanical tests on the day to make sure there are no unseen issues?

The boats that I'm looking at are around 5.7m and about 5 years old. Not likely to have hull issues but I assume that an water test is going to be much better than just going to the local dealer and getting an outboard test?

Edit - The boat is in the western suburbs.

Jay contact our sponsor Hayden he does the pre-purchase inspections http://www.shiremobilemarine.com.au/

Make sure you tell him you are a fishraider ;)