Which side do I mount my electric motor on?

nwatson

I have mine mounted on the starboard side of the bow, simply because I wanted the port side free of any obstructions so it would make netting Barra easier.

Then I go and install a canopy which takes all the benifits of having a clear side out of the equation.

Frank

So as flathead said, I've had the bracket installed on the starboard side thinking that I sit on the port side at the rear of the boat and when I pull into wharfs and jetties I tend to come in on the port side. I also wanted to counteract the weight of me on one side and the motor on the other. In saying that, when I dropped the boat off this morning, the fabricator commented that I was the first to ask for the installation on the RHS. Thanks for the feedback guys.

As the guys have already said, probably the most important considerations are to mount it where it won't get damaged when launching/ docking etc and the make sure it isn't in the way when stowed. Electrics will track best when centred on the bow ( see photo of mine), but it is not always possible to mount like this. Cleats and anchors/ wells can get in the way. post-18248-14737138269316_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk