Electric Motor Bracket

nwatson

I picked up my boat today after having the electric motor bracket welded onto the bow. I noticed that the bracket was on a bit of an angle along with the motor. The fabricator assured me he had done many and there was no problem with it. He also explained to me that the plate welded to the top of the bow of the boat follows it's contour and that is why it's on the angle. The bracket is strong enough and his workmanship looks good. Should I be concerned with the angle of the motor. Will it affect the way that it performs?

post-36830-0-09385300-1473760795_thumb.jpg

post-36830-0-22844700-1473760897_thumb.jpg

post-20708-0-33668200-1473798268_thumb.jpgpost-20708-0-21032100-1473798316_thumb.jpgIt won't have an adverse effect on the ability of the motor to pull your boat along. When I did my fitting I needed to know exactly where the electric prop was because I continually work in and out of tree stumps, roots and other obstacles. So I made sure that the shaft (and prop) were vertical both ways. This is how mine looks...

I don’t think it will be a problem. If the prop isn’t impeded your boat will still travel where you intend it to go. Give it a run. If necessary you can pack it up at a later time if you aren’t happy with either the performance or the appearance.

As lecky motors can rotate 360 degrees, starting at an angle shouldn't affect performance. My understanding is that they may be mounted at an angle so that motor sits to side of boat when lifted up and folded down rather than coming streight back and possibly being in the way ?