6 and 10lbs fluro no braid

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Hi Raiders,

Recently spooled up a 1000 reel with 150 metres of 6lbs fluro and a 3000 reel with 150 metres of 10lbs fluro. Was flicking lures on both and also rigged a light paternoster on the 10lbs.

I should have done this a lot earlier, it's a lot more fun. No hassles with braid to fluro knots, no swivels, a bit of wind didn't bother me either as the diameter is real low. Super stealth factor, not sure this affected catch rate though. Surprisingly strong too with a good knot, caught some good chopper tailor on the 6lbs and managed a small ray on the 10lbs.

Reminded me of the simple all mono fishing I used to do as a kid. Highly recommend giving it a go.

Cheers,

Luke.

Edited by Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Thanks Jon and Chris.

I was worried about the stretch factor, stuff I use doesn't stretch much or have a lot of memory thankfully

Something that is good to do, is if you get the same spool

you can just swap them on the reel without need extra reels.

I've tried to stick with the 2500/4000 shimanos, so even if the

reels get stuffed, keep the spools and have different line on it.

My only issue, is that I can never remember what line is one which

spool.

totally, totally agree flathead duke. I love straight through fluro for lighter lines - 3, or 4lb for me. Absolutely no risk of leader knot failure and the simplicity is both nicely nostalgic and relaxing!!

anthonywardle, the answer is too easy. write line weights on the spools. I label my spools with a bit tape every time I change lines. do it for both braid and fluro. always carry a spare spool.