First attempt at Glenbawn

austwave

I took my non fishing son away to Glenbawn last weekend , this was a challenge as id never fished here before and hoped my experience and equipment selection would help us out.

We arrived Friday afternoon and set up camp the weather forecast was poor but was not bad in reality Saturday was a cracker of a day but we shot all the gear i had out for no joy.

We returned to camp disheartened but not disillusioned discussed our tactics with our fellow fishers to find our selection was poor.

fished jackals ,wrong HB divers , Spinners but to non avail.

Discussed our tactics at the campfire over night with other fishers and was shown some charity by other fisher and loaned a selection of hand made deep divers and briefed on following the thermocline up the top of the lake

We left camp at 8.30 when the prodigal son was watered and fed in teeming rain and headed to the top of the lake where we had been instructed to soak the lent lures (Hand made Stuckeys)

With in 5 minutes of drowning said lures the non fishing kid has become a fisher person again.

Over the next hour and a half he had boated 5 nice fat bass and i had managed 2 not that that matter fishing with kids is paramount

post-25384-0-64057700-1474283234_thumb.jpg

post-6647-0-35125900-1474281216_thumb.jpg

Edited by swordfisherman