Lowrance Hook 5.

Michael.P

I have fish symbols, and have only played with the pages button. I do wish I went the 7" screen but the 5 is better than the 4 I had in my old boat.

Need to spend a few nights reading the manual and then sometime playing with it while on the water.

Issue is with 3 kids I am to busy having fun while in the boat.

the dealer set mine up and it's just not right I think. A heap of what looks like snow on the screen and 0 fish symbols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its snow like on ur screen ur sensitivity is to high u need to adjust it, go to pages and select a page without the gps map, than press menu and it should be the very top one, also when u say u dont see fish symbols do u mean actual fish symbols or archers

If its snow like on ur screen ur sensitivity is to high u need to adjust it, go to pages and select a page without the gps map, than press menu and it should be the very top one, also when u say u dont see fish symbols do u mean actual fish symbols or archers

hi mate, thanks for your reply. When I say fish symbols I mean arches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Port

Can you send me the PM as well, any tips are handy

Ok the sensitivity u have to adjust on the water,if u fish inbetween 4m to 20m adjust the sensitivity up so its like snow, than adjust it back til all the snow on ur screen is almost gone and thts it all done, after u set tht up if u fish under 4m it wil come like snow again need to adjust it back more, if u fish over 20m need to adjust it forward cause u wont see no fish it wil be just very clear, im no expert iv had 3 of these sounders over the years it seems to wrk 4 me, also i only see fish with the sounder page not the downscan page, i use the downscan page to look at reefs and the traditional sounder to find fish, u can use both screens at same time which makes it easy