Fishing Maroubra

Baza246

A mate and I want to try Maroubra beach this weekend around either south or north rocks. I've never tried fishing here so really after a bit of advice.

So far I'm thinking of using my 10 ft Rod with a paternoster rig with half pillys. And using my 9 ft Rod to throw a few rapala x raps and metal lures around.

Obviously safety is the main thought and if the waves seem too much we will find somewhere else but so far the swell forecast seems alright. Shouldn't be too much wind and the solunar chart looks good.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maroubra is a great beach the rocks can treacherous on the headlands as they are misty low ledges with a few higher spots. High tide I. The southern corner near the rock bar can be productive early morning late arvo as can the safer rocks in the very corner of the north end. Just enter if your on rocks make sure you have appropriate footwear. It can be a very busy beach for swimmers etc so keep the fishing to early morning late arvo

Thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it.

In regards to berley, how do you get it in the right area? I have a berley bucket but it tends to find its way back to the rocks I'm standing on. The only thing I can think of is throwing it or perhaps one of those ball throwing sticks that dog owners use. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk