When to keep or release large bream

Mr_clownface

Hi,

Recently I have been lucky enough to catch some large bream,when should I release large bream? For example female breeding fish,

Hopefully someone here can share some knowledge on this great fish.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by shaun_burkesh

I'll start with 90% of my fishing is catch and release this is personal choice and I have no problem with people keeping fish for the table provided they follow the rules and exercise some common sense

bream are very slow growing whwn compared to other fish, this means very large bream take a long time to replace in the estuary system, if I keep a bream (very rarely) I usually take something in the 30cm range, I generally follow this practice with most fish I keep (mostly flathead) I have read a theory that with fish migrating to spawn the larger fish lead the smaller fish and thus the knowledge is passed through the species hence I dont generally take the really large fish.

hope I haven't preahed to much

Dave

It's too small to read Savit...for me anyway..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Click on an image and it will open full size picture in the web browser. You can stretch it further on mobile by fingers.

Click on an image and it will open full size picture in the web browser. You can stretch it further on mobile by fingers.

I think the original file size is too small, when I do that it becomes very pixilated. I'll give it a shot on the laptop when I'm home though

Cheers

I think the original file size is too small, when I do that it becomes very pixilated. I'll give it a shot on the laptop when I'm home though

Cheers

NP. Try at home. I tried in Tapatalk as well and it was ok for me. Otherwise PM me and I will sent the image to you.

Mate, stick to the rules and do as you please. Everyone will have a different opinion on this and for different reasons.

Matt

Exactly!!!

Site rule.......

13. No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports!

I think what savit posted gives you an idea on the age versus size of the fish.

The catch and release side of it is up to you!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Exactly!!!

Site rule.......

13. No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports!

I think what savit posted gives you an idea on the age versus size of the fish.

The catch and release side of it is up to you!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I have noted that rule and edited the required text

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk